PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble accessing Prune?

Dropp the Pilot
7th Mar 2011, 08:06
I am using a Mac and only about half the forums are accessible, the others and the Private Messages all produce "Network Error (tcp_error)" on the screen. There seems to be no common feature between those forums that work and those that don't - it appears to be totally random.

Instant Hooligan
7th Mar 2011, 09:01
Same here. Using Windows 7, using the VPN solves my probs

planecrazi
7th Mar 2011, 09:18
i have the same problem with Macbook and Firefox, but all problems fixed when VPN is on.

mutt
7th Mar 2011, 11:52
When I was in Dubai, i had problems accessing Rumors and News, Jetblast, the Middle East forum and Private Messages.... the rest worked :confused:

Guess that it's a local restriction.

Mutt

White Knight
7th Mar 2011, 12:18
No problem without VPN on my deaktop!!! All coming through strength 5:ok:

Dubaian
8th Mar 2011, 07:27
From Dubai & Abu Dhabi no problems with individual forums but sometimes a general failure. No pattern that I can discern. Usually connecting via a VPN. Windows XP and Mozilla Firefox. I don't think it's a UAE filtering issue - - - but what do I know.

givemewings
8th Mar 2011, 16:08
Have noticed same for a few weeks now. Not limited to the ME forum. Sometimes only one or two forums, sometimes the whole lot are inaccessible with the usual failure message. I don't use a VPN and have had issues both in & out of the UAE. Maybe the servers are just getting a little overloaded.

Capetonian
8th Mar 2011, 16:17
I'm having an odd problem. Am in the ME. From my hotel's WiFi network I can access Pprune without any problem (just slow, like everything else). When I try to access it on my office WiFi, using the same laptop, I get a message saying : "Error message ..... resource moved to here", and the here is a link, and when I click on the link it just sits for about 5 minutes and then says : "Page failed to load". Anything else I want to access is fine, except of course the usual state-blocked websites.

Severely Jetlagged
8th Mar 2011, 16:31
Online with Etisalat I do have problems but none when using my VPN.