PDA

View Full Version : RFDS Western OPS looking for new CEO

PPRuNeUser0161
6th Mar 2011, 09:25
I see RFDS western ops are looking for a new CEO. Wonder what the direction forward will be? Did the previous CEO resign or was he pushed?

Josh Cox
6th Mar 2011, 23:00
RFDSWO CEO is/was a great guy and IMHO an awesome CEO.

Probably heading back to WA government job, good luck to him.

Wally Mk2
7th Mar 2011, 04:25
G'Day Josh, how ya doin'?:-)

Funny I was overflying ESP last night en-route to PH when I heard a PC12 taxiing for PH ( I think that's where he was heading) even saw his strobes it was that clear last night & thought oh boy there are some brave boys/girls out there in the Western section :-)
Will be interesting to see whom takes the helm of the WA section, maybe he will be sensible with future airframe purchases:E

Wmk2

Captain Nomad
7th Mar 2011, 04:42
It's not the departing CEO who is responsible for the 'all PC12' current situation in WA. Aircraft acquisition is more of a 'board' decision anyway.

He is coming to the end of his contract and has private interests to pursue instead of renewing his tenure at RFDS. I'm sure he'll be missed by many.

Harry Cooper
7th Mar 2011, 04:59
Word through the RFDS grapevine at the moment is that the Western Section has acquired or is in the process of acquiring its last PC12 and will be changing type when new future acquisitions are made. Apparently a few recent events there have caused a shift to look back to multi engine types, nothing mentioned of type just a requirement for two engines.

Chronic Snoozer
7th Mar 2011, 13:19
I don't know the specifics but I thought RFDS were on a pretty tight budget. How will they afford twins? Has the money-saving of the PC12 not paid off?