PDA

View Full Version : The Aeroplane company - Is anyone there ???

Wiley Coyote
6th Mar 2011, 00:17
Is their any hope that this may rise from the ashes.

Shame to see a prominent and respected school close.

Any news anyone ?

FRQ Charlie Bravo
6th Mar 2011, 02:06
What the? That is an absolute shame. Why could it not have been one of the **** operators? To answer my own question it probably has something to do with not being able to make money and be a respectable operator/employer in this industry.

My time at TAC was during some major expansion. I sat my AGK in the LAME office, did my PPL briefings in what became the spares room I think then by time I was doing CPL stuff we were in the fancy new rooms and we even had that great airside lounge.

Great instructors like the Brain (who very rightly failed me on my PPL test), Robin, Tony, Doug, Dave, Chris, Jed, Steve, Nathan, Go, James et al.

I met Ross once or twice, he seemed to have a good business head on his shoulders. The LAMEs were always busy (in a good way), surely all that work generated some income.

It has been a rough few years, maybe they can roll up the carpet and put things on ice until they score some more work.

What was the last day of trading? Where did the students go (please not RACWA, please not RACWA, please not RACWA). Minovation and Air Australian get my vote for what it's worth.

FRQ CB

The Green Goblin
6th Mar 2011, 03:27
They've all got skeletons in their closet, even TAC.

TAC loved the contractor thing and the junior 3s hanging around all week answering phones.

The lockout by JAH, and the subsequent migration of ECU students to ACFT was the death blow.

Doug Dawson, now there was a diamond in the rough. An absolute genteleman and a pleasure to fly with. He made handing TAC a fistful of notes a very worthy cause, and you knew you'd get your money's worth. A shame he is retired. I think TAC made him jaded.

FRQ Charlie Bravo
6th Mar 2011, 04:21
You know, I probably was a bit dough-eyed when I was there.

Come to think of it I can see now that the Jr Grade 3s were doing an awful lot of things that they were probably not paid for.

Interesting that ECU went to ACFT. I've got a lot of time for Jeremy but do they have suitable facilities now? It was OK for a single one on one (from my limited experience there).

Yes, Doug was well worth the money. Dave Ford was damn good too until he retired to Albany or wherever. And once, I actually managed to get a compliment out of the Brain (usually I was happy just to not be on the receiving end of his criticism... but his wasn't a negative way of teaching like some hyper-critical instructors).

I've just realised that I've turned into that pilot who reckons that the way he learnt to fly and the school at which he learnt to fly are the ONLY GOOD AND PROPER way to get a license.

Damn,

FRQ CB

Ex FSO GRIFFO
6th Mar 2011, 09:29
Happy memories of 'A the Brain' doing an AFR a few years back....

VERY thorough, but 'understanding' of the ways of an 'Ole Fart' who's always done it THIS way....and survived... and who knows..??

Maybe we both learned something..??

T'Was a VERY GOOD NIGHT Mr 'A'.....THANKYOU..!!!:ok::ok:

I sincerely trust that you are well!!:ok::ok:

FRQ Charlie Bravo
6th Mar 2011, 09:36
I sincerely trust that you are well!!I'm sure that he's happy and well wherever he is... he probably wouldn't admit being happy to anyone though.

Sentiment echoed... but ferchrisake we're talking as if all of these guys have moved to China... maybe China Southern but not China.:ok:

FRQ CB

The Green Goblin
2nd Feb 2013, 01:30
BUMP

So whatever happened to the Brain anyway?

Wiley Coyote
5th Feb 2013, 00:37
Not sure, haven't seen him around. Probably retired I guess.

I notice the new branding, "Thunderbird ........, but they dont seem to be doing much ??