PDA

View Full Version : QR bans family from travelling with duty pilot?

Ajax
5th Mar 2011, 05:47
So I hear the latest thing that bunch of demented psychos have done, is ban all family members from travelling on the same flight as a pilot on duty?

Presumably something to do with the reported sacking of the skipper who let his wife on jumpseat the other day? And someone on that thread was congratulating QR management for NOT resorting to their traditional collective punishment :ugh:

Those grinning idiots at staff travel check in will be so stoked, they've got themselves yet another great excuse to wobble their heads and say "it's not allowed captain"

There are going to be some seriously :mad:ed off wives over this one, most of them hate life on AKG and Doha in general, the only saving grace for them is the fact they can get away with their husband every few days if he gets a good work trip. Take that away from them and stand by for the next wave of resignations ...

Homo Ludens
5th Mar 2011, 09:39
Now, wait just a minute here - aren't we getting a bit paranoic?
How the check-in staff would know when your wife shows up that her husband is the operatin crew? Unless, ofcourse, you also go there with her to try and make shure she gets on the flight.
On the other hand, I agree, it smells as the usual collective punishment once again...
Cheers!

Goat Liner
5th Mar 2011, 09:48
Read the memo again guys: It states Duty Travel.
This was a company wide memo issued by HR that mainly applies to ground/tech staff that travel somewhere for a ground duty. there is no restriction on bringing your wife if you are operating a flight (Flight Duty).

The_Broon
5th Mar 2011, 12:37
I didn't even receive any emails, and it's not in the ACN's, hmmm....

ironbutt57
5th Mar 2011, 13:57
I would hazard a guess that at any airline non-authorised personnel on the flight deck might be considered a big no-no..:ok:

QR UNITED 2009
8th Mar 2011, 17:04
It's not enough that CEO is conroling Cabin crew privat life when they are off he tell them what they must not do and what they should do now he is doing it to Flight Deck crew ha ha . What a sick man !

One day he will send ACN :

It has been brought to my attention that some of Pilots has better girlfrends then my self so i want to remind you that in MY airline no one can have better girlfrend then MY self ! ha ha

Sorry wired guy , we do date your crew !

Hajj Man
9th Mar 2011, 16:50
QR UNITED 2009,

You make it hard to follow what you are saying.

You must work for the Mumbai ATC....

"SAY AGAIN????"

HM:ok: