PDA

View Full Version : 777 Query

Big_Mooney
9th Feb 2001, 18:57
Does anyone know if writing a letter to UAL will help me in getting a peek into a 777 cockpit. The reason that I'm asking this is because I'm currently trying to get my hours up to 150 to possibly start an ATPL, and am flying over to LA in a couple of weeks. I'm only writing this because recently on PPrune, drivers and pax were arguing about why children and adults shouldn't be allowed upto the front seat. My dream would be to one day fly a 777, so this is why I'm keen to have a wee look. Can any one help?

[This message has been edited by Big_Mooney (edited 09 February 2001).]

mutt
9th Feb 2001, 19:12
American airlines are prohibited by law from allowing people to enter the cockpit in flight.

They will probably be happy to oblige on the ground.

Mutt

Roadtrip
9th Feb 2001, 20:00
Like Mutt says, not in flight per FAA. I'm sure that a United crew would be happy to have you up front prior to push back. I'd ask the gate agent if they would pass you request to the Captain. Being neatly dressed and not in scruffy shorts, t-shirt and sandals, will increase your chances. On a 777 there will probably be 3 pilots who will get there about an hour prior to pushback. I'd be there before that so your request can be passed to the Captain when he arrives. Keep an eye to see if the gate agent actually passes your request -- remember they're pretty busy closing out the flight, so politely remind them if it doesn't look like they passed the request. I wouldn't recommend counting on getting up front post-flight -- usually the pilots pack up pretty quick before you can physically get past everyone in the aisle and up to the cockpit.

Mooney
9th Feb 2001, 20:41
Dont you just hate it when people try and rip off your user name on here!

Horatio
9th Feb 2001, 23:00
Mooney, old son...you should feel chuffed that someone might hope to emulate your extraodinary recent success; take it as a compliment!<weg>