PDA

View Full Version : B737 FMC Trainer

bookcase
4th Mar 2011, 09:08
Does anyone know who if it is possible to get hold of such a thing and if so, where?

Many thanks!

BOAC
4th Mar 2011, 09:39
I have on order the PMDG 737NG suite for FS2004 which I understand allows FMC programming. I will let you know what it is like when I have had a 'play'.

RYR-738-JOCKEY
5th Mar 2011, 21:59
When or if you do the typerating course, the FMC part is deadeasy. As long as you're not 55 years old, this is a very simple input device to get the aircraft to do what you want....like LNAV and VNAV guidance. You'll use almost 80% of it's capabilities on every setup so you will very quickly be quite good at it. It's a very basic data tool.

wiggy
5th Mar 2011, 22:24
As long as you're not 55 years old, this is a very simple input device to get the aircraft to do what you want..

And even if you are 55 plus it's a very simple input device.......

bookcase
6th Mar 2011, 20:43
Many thanks for your replies people and BOAC, I will look forward to hearing about your experience with PMDG.

bookcase

BOAC
6th Mar 2011, 21:12
So far so good,. BC - installed ok (XP) and runs on FS2004. The only thing you cannot access is the INS but there is talk of an update for that. It seems so far to cover all the functions and claims to be up to 10-.4panel. Once you have loaded the route you can fly Lnav/Vnav with it.

Will report further.