PDA

View Full Version : Monarch Gatwick-Preveza aircraft type

paulaf
2nd Mar 2011, 03:05
Can anyone advise what aircraft both Monarch and Thomas Cook operate Gatwick to Preveza in June and return July?

paulaf
2nd Mar 2011, 09:15
Can anyone please help with this as I would like to book the flights asap due to limited availability?

Kestrel_Stu
2nd Mar 2011, 10:32
LGW-PVK with Thomas Cook is an A330-200 again this summer, every Sunday. I don't know what type Monarch use.

paulaf
2nd Mar 2011, 10:35
Thanks but unfortunately T Cook is booked now so really just to know about the Sunday Monarch flight please?

Evanelpus
2nd Mar 2011, 11:12
Thanks but unfortunately T Cook is booked now so really just to know about the Sunday Monarch flight please?

In that case, it won't make an ounce of difference what aircraft type it is, oui?

paulaf
2nd Mar 2011, 16:45
Can anyone advise what aircraft is used on the above route on Sundays in June?
This is my third post on this subject but the first two have disappeared!

The96er
2nd Mar 2011, 16:53
They're being deleted because they're planespotting type questions which is not what this forum is for.

partyboy_uk
2nd Mar 2011, 16:56
The LGW/PVK is operated on an A300-600

paulaf
2nd Mar 2011, 17:09
Thanks.
I am not a lanespotter but trying to establish whether it is worth trying to book emergency seats for the extra money with Monarch and its difficult to do this without knowing the aircraft so I can then look at the seatmaps on Seatguru. I have seen other posts on here asking similar questions.

pwalhx
2nd Mar 2011, 17:11
It isn't a case of not asking the question merely what forum you post it in I believe.

Mr @ Spotty M
2nd Mar 2011, 19:59
Seatguru will not be much help with the A300, as a row of seats are going to be removed in time for the start of the summer season.
Seating going from 361 to 352, with increased pitch at the front rows, no idea of how many rows.:ok:

Evanelpus
3rd Mar 2011, 09:16
Seatguru will not be much help with the A300, as a row of seats are going to be removed in time for the start of the summer season.

You would have thought they would have been putting an extra row of seats in for summer flights!

paulaf
3rd Mar 2011, 10:50
Thanks all, hopefully all will become a little clearer when I try to book extra legroom seats, the seat map helps a little.

lowcostdolly
3rd Mar 2011, 11:05
paulaf.........I've flown on the Gatwick- Prevesa flight.

Book the legroom seats by the exit rows at doors 2 or 3. The A300 is the pits to fly on..... I won't say anymore but will let you judge for yourself on that :uhoh:

The "legroom" seats on the front row have a bulkhead in front of them and you loose seat width due to the folding tables (that also applies at the exit rows) but these have far more legroom.

Also at the front wherever you sit you will have queues of people either side of you waiting to use the two loo's at the front for pretty much the whole flight.

evanelpus They cannot put an extra row in the A300 for the summer season. Firstly because there is physically no room and secondly because it would be contravening CAA safety regs. The aircraft is certified to be able to evacuate 361 pax in 90 secs or under. To do that all bulkheads in the middle cabin have had to be removed to ensure freedom of movement and visibility of the exits in this situation......

Pay the extra money for seats at the exit rows but personally I wouldn't bother for the "legroom" seats at the front.

Hope this helps :)

Avionker
3rd Mar 2011, 11:18
All this over a sector that is about 3hrs 15 mins long...... What on earth would you be like if it was long haul? :eek:

paulaf
3rd Mar 2011, 11:26
For longhaul there is a wide variety of good airlines and planes to choose from, with different cabins too, so I would select premium/business and enjoy the best the airline can offer. For this flight I am just trying to ascertain the optimum seat that's all, whats wrong with that?

paulaf
3rd Mar 2011, 11:30
Thanks lowcostdolly I will try and do as you suggest, how did you book these seats (with Monarch)?

lowcostdolly
3rd Mar 2011, 12:14
Unfortunately Paulaf I didn't book these seats at doors 2&3. I just looked longingly at those who did......note to self for the next time I travel Monarch :ok:

The A300 is nothing more than a flying "cash cow" for whichever airline operates it....and in Monarch's case to the max capacity the CAA will allow in the summer season.

On the Prevesa flight, as Avionka says, it is only 3 hours long. Monarch (or any other carrier) will not loose sleep over the customer experience either way.......

I would say contact Monarch either via their website, if it has the capacity to book seats at exit row doors, or phone them.

Be aware though that many airlines don't allow you to do this until you get to check in. As CC I understand why. Not sure what Monarch's policy is on this.

Hope this helps.......sort of!

jeanyqua
6th Mar 2011, 21:44
31 b&c or 31gh.we found were the best seats.