PDA

View Full Version : MCC Courses

moggie
9th Feb 2001, 14:16
Question: Does anyone have any information about providers of MCC courses in the UK?

I know that Oxford, Atlantic Flight Training and SFT but does anyone have any feedback on what they are like and how much they cost?

I've heard some unflattering rumours about some of these providers and would like to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks

Voodoo 3
11th Feb 2001, 03:50
I did my MCC course back in '99 at Oxford. I found the course fairly helpful and only ended up doing it since I had a job offer depending on doing the course. At the time they had the generic sims which were fairly useless and only good for going through the two crew motions but I understand that they have some more advanced 737 sims being brought in and they have probably increased prices to match. By all means look at Oxford but I would not go there just to have the Oxford stamp on your certificate. Provided you have done an MCC course at an approved centre and understand two crew operations then I don't think that it really matters where or with who you did the course. Happy Hunting.

moggie
11th Feb 2001, 03:55
Thanks for the feedback voodoo.

Voodoo 3
11th Feb 2001, 16:53
Moggie,

Further to my first reply, OATS as you probably know is very busy with self sponsered pilots and sponsored pilots amongst many others and far busier than a couple of years ago. Did some Line Orientated Flight Training (LOFT) previous to MCC being implemented which was to give you an idea of how two crew operated which was the sort of forebrother of MCC. Since now under JAR you need to have done MCC if you do not have a two crew a/c on your licence then it is going to be compulsory for all the OATS leavers to do their MCC sometime - unless the sponsoring airlines do the MCC 'in house'. This will still leave a lot of people and they will more than likely do it at Oxford. Only having two sims - (I believe. Do correct me if not), then there could be a large backlog of people waiting to do the course. What I am getting at is that if you want to do your MCC course sooner rather than later it might pay you either to get booked in at Oxford soon or go elsewhere, where there is not the pressure to get you through the course in time for the next batch. Got that impression to a degree at OATS. Just an Idea

Pilot Pete
12th Feb 2001, 23:13
Multiflight Leeds/Bradford. Did mine there late last year.....it was fine. Prices have been coming down, just look in the back of any of the magazines. Four Forces also do them.

Regards

PP

DC7C
17th Feb 2001, 03:02
Anybody interested in MCC should contact Captain Norman Giffin at Multi Crew Training

This is a superb course,3 day ground school followed by 5 days in a full motion Tristar Sim. All aspects of the JAR syllabus are covered from microburst simulation to cabin decompression on oxygen from 31000 feet.
An invaluable and enjoyable learning experience. Tel 01329 281788

moggie
17th Feb 2001, 03:13
I've just found out that BAE have some slots in Jerez in May/June. Worth a look too - had some good feedback on them from some ex studes now flying for airline.

scarebus
20th Feb 2001, 04:21
I did my MCC at the ATC academy last year, they were really great. They were a bit more expencive than other places but the quality in the training was very good.
They keep a progress report throughout the two weeks you are there, so if you keep up the good work and work well in the group it will all help if you decide to apply for the ATP scheme.