PDA

View Full Version : WING WALKING

Vmike
10th May 2001, 22:34
I've got this mate, (who I think is certifiably insane, by the way) and he wants to do a wing walk. By this, he means that wants to be strapped to an aeroplane's top wing and be flown around. Aeros would be a bonus.
Apparently, he wants to raise a ton of money for cancer research, because his wife died of it recently.

The Tiger Club used to do it, but don't any more. I know Vic Norman sometimes does it, and I've passed on his number, but does anyone know anywhere else in the UK where this could be done? Any info gratefully received, and if anyone has a rough idea of cost that would be even better.

Coyote2112
11th May 2001, 00:50
The Utterly Butterly (formerly Crunchie) team will do it. They have a web site which any decent search engine should be able to find for you. When I spoke to one of the pilots, he said they have to charge something like £450 to do it and that was about 2 years ago. They're the only ones I know who may take people. It's worth having a look anyway. Good luck!
Shawn

Mr moto
11th May 2001, 00:57
Sounds like a job for Vic Norman at Aerosuperbatics.

Otherwise you could try Brendan O'Brien at Skyfever(.com, I think). A veritable Jimmy Saville of the aviation world!

Vmike
11th May 2001, 03:14
Thanks for that, chaps, very useful. I've e-mailed Brendan so hopefully we'll be able to organise something. Thanks again.