PDA

View Full Version : Passing ATPL's for the airlines

WFDUP
1st Mar 2011, 09:44
I was told the other day that if you fail the subjects for the ATPL's a number of times, that qantas (and other airlines) wont look at you. Is this true, and how many (failed attempts) is too many??

GAFA
1st Mar 2011, 09:52
False, they have no way of knowing how many attempts you had.

WFDUP
1st Mar 2011, 10:08
oh good wasn't sure if you had to provide documentation on the amount of attempt.

beaver_rotate
1st Mar 2011, 10:12
False GAFA.

At my QF interview I had to provide the ATPL Report and it shows how many attempts you have done on each subject!

The Kelpie
1st Mar 2011, 10:44
It's called a pre-requisite report from casa and qantas do ask for it and do take into consideration when recruiting!!

mcgrath50
1st Mar 2011, 10:45
They do get to see a summary of your exam attempts of ATPL and I think maybe CPL as well. Does it matter if you fail the odd one, two or even three? No.

Is it bad if you have a pattern of failure or one or two BIG fails? Yes, assuming the rest of your application is competitive it will almost certainly come up in your interview.

It won't bar you from entering just make your life a little harder.

NIK320
22nd Mar 2011, 08:15
How did you get through CPL exams without CAR and CAO's??

gretzky99
22nd Mar 2011, 08:25
Has anybody gone the route of self printing (officeworks etc) your CAO/CAR for the exam? Im thinking of doing it as a method to keep the costs down.

I do know a bloke who stayed back at work till everyone else had left, then photo copied the entire CAR/CAO's! About as cheep as it gets.

Capt Fathom
22nd Mar 2011, 10:27
Come on guys. If you consider yourselves professionals, just subscribe to the damn things. It's your exams. It's your career. It's probably tax deductable! :rolleyes:

The Green Goblin
22nd Mar 2011, 12:08
[quote]Quote:
Has anybody gone the route of self printing (officeworks etc) your CAO/CAR for the exam? Im thinking of doing it as a method to keep the costs down.
I do know a bloke who stayed back at work till everyone else had left, then photo copied the entire CAR/CAO's! About as cheep as it gets.[quote]

Ill put money on the fact that he was from the eastern islands of Australia :}

Biggles78
23rd Mar 2011, 03:01
Ill put money on the fact that he was from the eastern islands of Australia

What a nasty thing to say about anyone from Lord Howe or Norfolk Island! :=