PDA

View Full Version : QR termination

tcas II
28th Feb 2011, 15:46
As you can see that QR can easily terminate anyone. ( anyone know what is going on) :\

[It is with great disappointment that we find ourselves having to write this memo. Whilst we fully appreciate that the vast majority of you already understand and comply with the Company rules and regulations. Following a spate of three separate incidents in a 72 hour period, we think it is essential that everyone be reminded as to what is expected in terms of self discipline and professionalism.
In that 72 hour period it has been necessary to terminate the contracts of 3 of our colleagues for the gross misconduct as a result of willfully and knowingly violating company rules. In all three occasions there was a complete disregard for rules, regulations and respect for colleagues. Whilst it may seem unfair that this is being addressed to everyone, we wish to make it clear that this behavior from senior members of staff will not be tolerated

Fubaliera
28th Feb 2011, 15:53
1. F/O terminated por not passing breathalizer test.(did not call in sick)
2. Cap. frm Tunisia terminated for delaying flight 2hours.(had just failed LI training for attitude.)

whitebrain
28th Feb 2011, 16:04
HOW ABOUT THE THIRD ONE:hmm:
and the TRE and the incident in doha during Taxi on the 340

Fubaliera
28th Feb 2011, 17:30
I would imagine the other 2 were breathlizer related incidents, since they said gross misconduct in last 72hours. The other Cap issue i believe is unrelated to the memo

tcas II
28th Feb 2011, 19:14
In that case, those pilots are deserved it.:\

loc22550
1st Mar 2011, 03:49
The best part is:
"Like all staff members pilots are treated FAIRLY and without prejudice...":uhoh:

scorpio
1st Mar 2011, 08:11
the terminations within 72 hrs are 3 :

1- B777 captain had his spouse on flight deck jump seat for T/O and landing at London LHR.
2- F/O on A330 flying as pax got drunk and abused cabin crew
3- F/o A320 failed alcohol test.

Tunisian capt who was terminated was at an earlier time and was a LI for almost a year and according to management was removed from training cause of attitude problem after one year of LI ???? but was terminated after that for delaying the A/C cause of fuel discrepancy.

widebody300er
1st Mar 2011, 19:26
Big Neon Titter or what ever you call yourself...this stuff happens all over the world and in many airlines...obviously your a very insecure person..people like you that put others down are trying to bulid themselves up (make yourself feel better) I have met many good people in QR that are very proffessional. It is unfortunate that this stuff happens..but it does..a fact of life!! According to your location (Qatar) are you one of those deadbeat losers you speak of?? :=

FlyingCroc
2nd Mar 2011, 17:50
That is not the kind of behaviour accepted in any airline of the World.

widebody300er
2nd Mar 2011, 18:37
Yes your right it's totally unacceptable...however it happens not just in the airline industry but in many professions..:=

Fubaliera
2nd Mar 2011, 21:58
You guys are saying well done QR, are you crazy.
Both drinking incidents should have been suspension and mandatory treatment.
The jumpseat incident should have been mandatory ground school and a final warning letter. Only in QR will people say well done. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves

vtwo
2nd Mar 2011, 22:24
It Is only 10 minutes in the Chief Pilots office, but you are a legend for ever..
Trouble is all relative.
I can't wait to go out with a bang.
Strippers in the cockpit. free drinks for the entire plane . and all the hot chicks to first class free, oh yea and the low level sight seeing tour at the end.
Daddy is going to do it right when the time comes. and all on a video camera too. Air France won't have nothing on me.

Booyha:D:D:D

TheChitterneFlyer
2nd Mar 2011, 23:27
2- F/O on A330 flying as pax got drunk and abused cabin crew

It's my bet that he was on his way back to the "sand-pit"! With copious amounts of alcohol inside of me I'd abuse anyone for insisting that I return to Qatar...

Yeah, OK, I'm being flippant... wild horses wouldn't drag me back to any aviation organisation that resides within the dark-ages of the Middle East!

Rules might be rules... but QA don't deserve any respect for many of its stoich regulations that belong to a third-world country! Oh dear, am I suggesting that Qatar is a third-world country? Hmmmm... let me dwell on that one.

Luke SkyToddler
3rd Mar 2011, 05:28
So, no doubt, a full internal investigation was held BEFORE the pilots concerned were fired, and they were given the chance to represent themselves against the allegations?

Or did that bunch of :mad: in management just do their normal thing and sack them as soon as soon as they heard the report from one of their :mad: cabin crew spies, gave them a few hours to leave the country and then did their investigation at their leisure a few days later, where the results mysteriously always find that the pilot is completely to blame?

3REDS
3rd Mar 2011, 19:27
The Captain fired for having his wife on the jumpseat had already resigned and was in fact on his last ever flight before retirement.

Very sad, very sad.

TheChitterneFlyer
3rd Mar 2011, 19:34
I rest my case...

Flyer1015
4th Mar 2011, 05:20
The Captain fired for having his wife on the jumpseat had already resigned and was in fact on his last ever flight before retirement.

Very sad, very sad.

Does QR even have a retirement scheme? IF not, what does he have to lose if he's retiring from a place with no retirement? If I were him, I would have gone out with a louder bang. :ok:

:E

cochise
4th Mar 2011, 06:51
3 weeks of basic salary per year of service. Sorry, but the real loss is how shameful the action was. Regardless, it's just another way for the company not to pay him the pittance he was owed:ugh::yuk:

fjordviking
4th Mar 2011, 07:29
The Captain breached UK CAA Regulations by having an non active crew member in the cockpit in UK airspace.
It`s not just another silly QR rule, but a rule which applies to all commercial operators.

Regards,
Fjordviking

loc22550
4th Mar 2011, 08:20
Flyer 1015..Retirement scheme here :
CEO has agitated the carrot in front of donkeys nose...8 years+ ago... with the promise of creating a kind of provident fund....too bad i didn't keep a copy of the ACN when it was released, to send him back..maybe he forgot....:E

isitmeorisityou
4th Mar 2011, 16:47
So does having the CEO travelling on the jump seat for take off and landing everywhere he flies breach this regulation, as he regularly does, including into and out of LHR????? I may be mistaken but he is not a member of the operating crew??

fjordviking
6th Mar 2011, 07:40
Correct.

regards,
Fjordviking

Gulfstreamaviator
6th Mar 2011, 11:47
Very often the FOM will allow senior staff members to sit in jump seat, and usually subject to captains express permission.

glf

loc22550
6th Mar 2011, 12:32
in Qr...:for flight deck jump seat:
- FLIGHT DECK crew and CABIN crew(now as well)(Excluding USA/UK airspace) and QCAA inspector on Duty "might" (following captain acceptance) occupy the FLIGHT DECK jumpseat.(+ so little restriction in case its a training flight..).
-For UK/USA airspace: only staff on duty will be allowed to use the jumpseat.
-Other staff member will be allowed to occupied FD jumpseat following CEO or EVPO approval...(excluding UK/USA airspace )
But at the end of the day its still the captain decision to accept it or not.

airbanana
31st Mar 2011, 21:16
What happened to the FO in this flight?. Did he has some punishment?.
I hope not.

Fubaliera
31st Mar 2011, 21:25
777 Capt fired after fighting with F/O in Sin. Flight delayed 5 hours eventually when they retured to Doha, Capt bye bye and F/O final warning letter.

loc22550
1st Apr 2011, 06:16
CAPT fighting with the F/O...??
Oops..time to remove the fire axe from the cockpit!:ooh:

airbanana
1st Apr 2011, 07:50
FO terminated as well, cause, from many sources, the FO started the argument.

qatari001
1st Apr 2011, 18:54
FUBALIERA
Why didn t you mention the nationality of the Capt who got fired this time??? I guess he is not the Algerian this time, how come? :hmm:
You should tell them staight to their face if you had the guts! unstead of always moaning in pprune about algerians....
I have flown with many of them and most are nice except few like any other nationalities where you always find some idiots unfortunately.....
I m not from there nor from that continent, for your info. I just don t judge my collegues just by their nationality..

If you cannot adapt here, no one is forcing you to stay here... Go back wherever you belong!

salsaboy
1st Apr 2011, 20:17

So had he resigned?
Or was he retiring?

Do you have to do both over there?

airbanana
2nd Apr 2011, 08:14
What about the infamous:ugh: Santa Claus, I heard both Captains and FO on 777 are suffering from this guy attitude.
Let me guess, I worked and I made the Thales FMS,:D hes saying to everyone. So what?.
What is the nationality of this guy?. And why noone has ever made an official complain against him?.

Qatari515
2nd Apr 2011, 11:36
He is Algerian.

He has several written official complaints filed against him.

He has direct acces to the CEO, thats why he is still here!:ugh::yuk::ugh:

Captain Partzee
2nd Apr 2011, 13:30
He had a big issue with the former CPT (A Q) in Seattle.
Nothing has happened to him.

Hajj Man
2nd Apr 2011, 21:20
Problem here.

like this Brazilian guy Jonas Mongenot who try to get into Qatar Airways as we speak.

I hope recruitment are reading this?

HM:ok:

Darth Fugitive
3rd Apr 2011, 04:36
BIG case being build against Mongenot. FAA (falsification of documents/logbooks), Internal Revenue Service (tax evasion), FBI (economic crimes), Florida Attorney General's Office (economic crimes), DHS (working without appropriate US visa) and even Brazilian Federal Police are involved. He scammed dozens of pilots heading several different organizations. Not a witch hunt. Criminal case. Ask all who have paid over $20,000 and signed contracts for services never rendered and refunds never issued.

non0
3rd Apr 2011, 05:23
BIG case being build against Mongenot. FAA (falsification of documents/logbooks), Internal Revenue Service (tax evasion), FBI (economic crimes), Florida Attorney General's Office (economic crimes), DHS (working without appropriate US visa) and even Brazilian Federal Police are involved. He scammed dozens of pilots heading several different organizations. Not a witch hunt. Criminal case. Ask all who have paid over $20,000 and signed contracts for services never rendered and refunds never issued.

... don't tell those guys they can faster and bigger money in the communication business (see Qtel).