PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air 2011

John21UK
27th Feb 2011, 15:57
Yes, I've read the Gulf Air developments thread but I'm looking for some more specific info.

After sending in the application for direct entry f/o Embraer I've still got some questions.
- What's the chance/policy of moving onto the A320?
- How many hours a month/year will you be doing on the E-Jet?
- What kind of roster patterns? (not thinking of commuting)
- What's roughly the E-Jet f/o monthly pay in year 1.

Any further info is welcome. PM always highly appreciated.

Cheers,

John

Yo767
28th Feb 2011, 19:03
Dear Johnny English, your questions cannot be answered at the moment because of the present political unrest in Bahrain. The country's economic future is seriously jeopardized by the shia insurrection. The monarchy has been able to mute them for the last 200 years by using brute force. But now, in 2011, it is more difficult to shoot people in the street and get unnoticed by the rest of the world due to Youtube, Face book etc. The problem is that the ruling family doesn't know any other way to ''deal'' with the opposition. Negociation between both parties seems extremely difficult. There is next to none communication. Streets protest in Bahrain are quickly organised and can paralyse the country both physically and economically. The damage caused by these activities is immediately palpable and very long to heal. The cancellation of the F1 GP is a hard blow to the country's international reputation. The majority of expat high level bankers are back home with their families until further notice. Gulfair loads have dropped significantly. Bahrain's economic future is far from bright for the year to come. The only hope right now rest in negociation between the Kalifas and the powerful shia clerics. If it fails and the royals are chased away, pure chaos will reign in Bahrain for years, the economy (what's left of it) will crumble in days and Gulfair will suffer its hardest blow in its history.

Lets sit and observe for a couple weeks but I don't believe in a happy ending this time.

ironbutt57
1st Mar 2011, 02:22
You join GF as a GF pilot, when company needs dictate, you will be assigned to the fleet that best suits the company's needs...so it would seem that movement to the Airbus is probable at some point..

John21UK
16th Mar 2011, 21:22
I've been invited for an interview in 2 weeks time. Do they still use the SHL numerical tests? And are you allowed to use calculator for all?

Anyone any updates on their assessment/simcheck? PM appreciated.

Flight leveler
18th Mar 2011, 13:11
Stop worrying John you are presently well placed in the UK for a few months... although I feel there is a very high probablity of civil unrest kicking off in the Uk in the next three years...the politicians have made the UK armed forces senior ranks well paid and deliberately week militarily to avoid a military take over and the police force is now well armed, well paid, and over trained in getting stuck in phyisically containing civil unrest.

The Bahrain Royal family master plan backed by the Saudi troops is clearly like Gaddafi to massacre down to the last man these Iranian infiltrators and the local protestors they have backed and funded for over thirty years...if...they can in the time available.

This is democracy as explained to the Red Indians the Aboriginals and Bahamas Island natives by the USA the British and the Spanish.

Realisticly this is the same underlying only option management mind skill without the blood element that has applied to any group in Gulf Air staff that has ever sort to negotiate with Gulf Air management...termination.

If the Saudi team win you could well get a job... it may even now offer you a commute option!

The new younger breed of Pilots having experianced this unexpected side of reality in the Middle East might be inclined to take their families off the island...mine was off two months before the first Gulf War.

If the Iranians win...and the USA president closes the US naval base... you would not want to be in Bahrain anyway...neither would any Sunni moslem be wise hang around for payback day...that is why any Sunni with any money and sense own homes in the UK and other imagined safe bolt holes.

If the USA and the Isralies decide to enter this shoot out with Iran big time you would not want to be in Bahrain until it has stopped....and the maths test and the lousy staff travel department are once again the main priorities.