PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden is in Sydney

Naughty S
27th Feb 2011, 09:36
Just saw earlier the Iron Maiden 757 at domestic 6.
Might need to call in sick for the concert.:cool:

Cactusjack
27th Feb 2011, 09:46
Great band. I wonder if they will let QF paint '666' down the side of it's aircraft ??

Naughty S
27th Feb 2011, 09:53
Not sure if AJ would be in it.

My 3 daughters think Number of the Beast is about my penchant
for farting in the car, followed by.... Run to the Hills :eek:

I still have a DVD of an old concert.
I've never seen 3 Brittney/Pink/Avril fans scatter so quick when
it gets a run on the surround system :O

Clare Prop
27th Feb 2011, 10:01
They are here to do the Soundwave festivals around the country. Perth next Monday!

bankrunner
27th Feb 2011, 10:07
Tell the boss it's for "professional development." When's the last time you saw a heavy metal band that had a 757 captain as the frontman? :ok:

disturbedone
27th Feb 2011, 10:25
It was parked next to the Strategic planes at Brissy yesterday.

Best. Paintjob. Ever.

Dances With Dingoes
27th Feb 2011, 12:16
I thought only Kiwis and Scientologists flew in 757's. Is there a link here somewhere? :eek:

DD

Wally Mk2
28th Feb 2011, 02:28
Saw the flashy looking bird the udder day in Brissy Ldg rwy 01

I hear the lead singer Bruce (there's always a Bruce!) is also the driver.............money, see how it can ruin yr life !:E

Great band

Wmk2

Naughty S
28th Feb 2011, 02:47
And Wally from earlier UK threads Bruce D is also a PPRuNer :ok:

Wally Mk2
28th Feb 2011, 02:50
............wowow not only has the lead singer got a plain funny name (well for a rock band anyway) he's a real pilot having been on PPRUNE...........there's no hope for him just like the rest of us:-)

Wmk2

Capt Fathom
28th Feb 2011, 03:57
Watched this show Flying Heavy Metal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Heavy_Metal) on Foxtel recently. Hosted by Bruce D. Very good.

thorn bird
28th Feb 2011, 06:06
He was a guest on our Citation the other day, natures gentelman,
I really enjoyed chatting with him.........sort of blotted my copybook but, or showed my age!!...had never heard of the band...I cant believe I asked what they played!!!:rolleyes:...Oh well open mouth change feet!!!

Cactusjack
28th Feb 2011, 07:52
Tell the boss it's for "professional development." When's the last time you saw a heavy metal band that had a 757 captain as the frontman?

What about David LeRoth from Van Halen. He is an airline captain also, I think with United ?
Somehow I cant see Ozzie Osbourne from Black Sabbath fame passing a medical !!!

Dangnammit
28th Feb 2011, 21:54
"Flying Heavy Metal' is a great series hosted by Bruce. It's a 5 dvd series which I had to watch all in one sitting.

Regarding the plane's paint, is it different these days?
I took this in 2008 at Melbourne.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/MentalMu1/P1050027.jpg

UKSqueeze
28th Feb 2011, 23:04
Bruce Dickinson is a 757 pilot for Astraeus
Iron Maiden to release documentary film Flight 666 | Music | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jan/21/iron-maiden-documentary-film)
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Music/Pix/pictures/2008/09/18/brucex2-460.jpg
Special Iron Maiden Livery Airline world (http://airlineworld.wordpress.com/2008/04/30/special-iron-maiden-livery/)
http://airlineworld.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/ironmaiden02.jpg?w=194&h=230

David Lee Roth is not a pilot, he was a paramedic for a while though.

185skywagon
1st Mar 2011, 00:14
Yeah, could you imagine Dave the Rave in the front left seat?
Anything is possible I s'pose.

Worrals in the wilds
1st Mar 2011, 00:28
Regarding the plane's paint, is it different these days?

They've got two, apparently they're leased from Astraeus. I asked the same question on JB, there was a thread on there about a month ago.
Best corporate jets ever. :ok:

Jack Ranga
1st Mar 2011, 01:07
Mr Dickinson is proof of what I've been saying all along. You CAN fly on your own terms. You don't have to be tied to an airline or an employer if they are treating you like garbage. If you take his example and use it in your own financial circumstance it can be done.

I'll bet that he enjoys his flying much more than most pilots. :ok:

Arm out the window
1st Mar 2011, 02:03
That's a great shot of Bruce on stage - more Spinal Tap than Spinal Tap!

(and they called it ... Stone 'enge!!)

Shredder6
1st Mar 2011, 02:06
The 'Somewhere Back in Time' DVD is awesome; outstanding footage of concerts and the world tour flying, plus a few bits of backstage.

Saw them when they toured in 2008:ok:

Super Cecil
1st Mar 2011, 05:04
Ginger affliction said
Mr Dickinson is proof of what I've been saying all along. You CAN fly on your own terms. You don't have to be tied to an airline or an employer if they are treating you like garbage. If you take his example and use it in your own financial circumstance it can be done.
Your right there, if your a world famous rock star or the son of a Saudi Prince.
What do the other 3,968,306,992 poor ba$tards do beside werking for somebody else? :hmm:

SgtBundy
1st Mar 2011, 05:20
Move to Charlie Sheen world and pretend we can do what the f*ck we want?

Artificial Horizon
1st Mar 2011, 05:51
The Iron Maiden 757 is actually an Astreaus 757, Astreaus is the airline who actually employs Bruce as a First Officer, so no doubt he too knows the indignity of crewing calling at 3a.:{

Jack Ranga
1st Mar 2011, 06:16
If you take his example and use it in your own financial circumstance it can be done.

Jesus some of you people are f@ckin' stupid :ugh:

Read the WHOLE quote.

use it in your own financial circumstance

Get it? What can you afford? My first go cost me 16 grand.

Super Cecil
1st Mar 2011, 07:47
Ginger affliction, you are right, some are stoopid me included. Feel free to get wound up any time and go off, it's a prune tradition. Also it's good to correct spelling and grammar.
Just what did you actually mean, anybody can go flying at any level if you try hard? I took it that you meant anybody with an unlimited income can fly their own 757, that not your intention?:8
Have you thought of dying your hair colour from red and drawing on some eyebrows?:E
I'm sure that would change your view of the world, that and mebe have a bex and a good lie down.

notaplanegeek
1st Mar 2011, 07:52
Bruce Dickinson... Legend

Charley B
4th Mar 2011, 08:23
Bruce is a Captain with Astraeus:-)

bankrunner
4th Mar 2011, 09:11
Artificial Horizon, he's actually a 4 striper.

Worrals in the wilds
4th Mar 2011, 09:58
It must have been hilarious in the job interview when they got to the standard "what do you do in your spare time" questions :E.

Seriously, good luck to the guy. A lot of people earn pots of money in the entertainment industry and blow it (Charlie Sheen and Britney spring to mind). Bruce has actually achieved something in addition to his music career and has the world's coolest corporate jet to boot.

NTChicky
11th Mar 2011, 15:25
I have been in the car with naughty S let one rip, let me tell you, it's really bad, but now I am in counceling. Because I hae seen him naked here at the beech front near Not cliffe.

The nightmares continue to this day :(

Chick

fencehopper
12th Mar 2011, 22:33
The frontman for "Def Lepard" (spelling?) has several heavy jet ratings.
Not into heavy metal bands these days as my hearing is pretty shot from turbine whine. but i do like the artwork on their aircraft. Much better than boring 'roos.