PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on entry jobs in Australia

InF3sTeD
26th Feb 2011, 16:37
Hey, I just joined a couple days ago. Currently doing my CPL in Canada. When I finish ill have my CPL/Night Rating/MultiEngine Rating.

I always wanted to live in Australia so I thought I'd ask if people know some places that would be more likely to hire a low time pilot such as myself.

Names of the companies would be great and any info you can give would be most appreciated.

I'v heard that Australia has a lot of VFR commercial flying for single and multi engine pilots. Not sure if it's true but I'm sure you guys know better then I.

Wizofoz
26th Feb 2011, 17:30
In before it gets Ugly!

1) Do you have the right to live and work in Australia? (POSSIBLY you could come on a Working Holiday Visa, but that limits you to 6mths with any one employer)

2) Have you explored what it will take to convert your Canadian CPL to an Australian one?

3) Do you realize you will be joining a LARGE band of Aussie fresh-cpls looking for that elusive first job?

Chances of a job offer from off-shore inquiries? Virtually nil.

InF3sTeD
26th Feb 2011, 18:02
1) Do you have the right to live and work in Australia? (POSSIBLY you could come on a Working Holiday Visa, but that limits you to 6mths with any one employer)

2) Have you explored what it will take to convert your Canadian CPL to an Australian one?

3) Do you realize you will be joining a LARGE band of Aussie fresh-cpls looking for that elusive first job?

Chances of a job offer from off-shore inquiries? Virtually nil. In before it gets Ugly!

Chances of a job offer from off-shore inquiries? Virtually nil. 26th Feb 2011 11:37In before it gets Ugly!

Chances of a job offer from off-shore inquiries? Virtually nil. 26th Feb 2011 11:37

1) Yes I am aware of the Holiday Work Visa it allows you to work up to 12 months. Also, you can apply for a Regular Work Visa if the company sponsers you. That is good up to 4 years.

2) Yes converting isn't too difficult. I need to pass a flight test and write a short exam. (50 questions I think)

3) sounds similar to Canada right now. But still doesn't give me any info on companies in Oz and if there actually is a lot of VFR flying jobs.

Wizofoz
26th Feb 2011, 18:29
1) 12mths total, 6 mths with one employer. Sponsorship is only available if no Australian is qualified and available- unlkely to be the case.

2) Good- you've done some homework.

3) Won't do you ANY good from where you are- you need to be IN AUs- VFR jobs available in NT, Nothern QLD and WA.

D-J
26th Feb 2011, 19:20
did you try that little button near the top of the screen that said 'search' ? :p

you might have uncovered little gem's like this one
http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/383870-information-regarding-top-end.html

InF3sTeD
26th Feb 2011, 20:06
Ah thank you good sir exacly what I was looking for :)