PDA

View Full Version : FTE Jerez (Merged 2010 onwards)

PGSingularity
30th Jun 2010, 08:40
I'm pretty sure that's a £ sign..

pitot_noob
16th Jul 2010, 01:03
I can't speak for FTE itself, but at the school I went to, it all depended.
Some were the rich kids (nice guys mostly) who had the money through family, some had earned the money over years and some had huge loans.

The point is, the other activities all depended on the individual and how much money they thought they could justify.

pitot_noob
16th Jul 2010, 12:24
I couldn't comment.
I had to pay for everything at the school I attended.

netlordr23
22nd Jul 2010, 12:25
Does anyone know if the 738 sim is full motion. And any remarks about their MCC course?

nickyboy007
22nd Jul 2010, 12:54
Netlord, the 737 sim is not full motion.

netlordr23
22nd Jul 2010, 15:51
Thanks Nicky.
Have you done the MCC course with them?

nickyboy007
22nd Jul 2010, 15:53
Hi Netlord,

No i just happened to visit FTE last week.

Nick

netlordr23
22nd Jul 2010, 16:14
Thanks again.
If someone who is doing or has done the MCC with FTE please let me know what you think of your experience, there must be a few out there...
Thanks

welliewanger
21st Aug 2010, 11:28
Hi,
I saw you're looking for info on FTE. I graduated 4 years ago, so my info may be out of date, but maybe I can help?

Regards,
WW

BigDoris
22nd Aug 2010, 21:10
Brilliant location, brilliant atmosphre and brilliant instruction on the ground and in the air.

However, the downside is, once you leave the place, you become a number and are forgotten about. This is something myself and many former students take issue with. Compare this with some Oxford student friends of mine and they are certainly in a far better position post-graduation if you ask me.

Unfortunately FTE does not have the resources (or perhaps inclination) to provide a decent 'after-sales' service and at the moment they are obviously concentrating on a few middle-east contracts which, hopefully previous students can at some point benefit from.

As said, for £100k I'd expect far better support post-graduation. That said, I guess I'm just naiive.

PGSingularity
8th Oct 2010, 16:46
Anyone starting on the October course(next week)?

ant152
29th Nov 2010, 21:11
Hi all..

Just thought I'd let you know I'm a student here at FTE about 70% of the way through the integrated course, and have written a blog week on week as to what its like and the whole experience as a whole from the perspective of the student with no influence of the school itself. Theres pictures, terribly cringeworthy video's as well as polls and various other bits and pieces to try and make out the experience as detailed as possible..

The Flight Training Europe Experience (http://theflyingpiano.wordpress.com)

If anybody has any questions about the school or the course leave a comment or send me an email and will be happy to help

Moises
1st Dec 2010, 18:58
Hi everyone !
I want to become pilot and do my training in FTE. As you know there are some tests a future student needs to pass to get into the school.
Could please someone tell me where can I find a big book or a free web site with many examples of questions like the one they give us during the tests ( Numerical one ), where we need to calculate altitudes, speed, fuel ... and another one for the Verbal reasoning.
I actually already bought " How to win at aptitude tests " but i'ts not enough.
I really want to pass that test because I don't want to study in another school, FTE is the only one I want.
So, if anyone can help me with this I will really appreciate it !!! :ok:

Gleavage
7th Dec 2010, 03:52
Going for my aptitude testing in March, hoping to start in May. Anyone else doing the same?

Chael
19th Dec 2010, 13:57
Samh31 - Initial JAR Class 1 (Professional Pilot) Medical Examination | Medical | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=49&pagetype=90&pageid=527)

Yes I think you should get it first because if you don't get it, it becomes irrelevant if you pass the assessment or not.

Hallifer
12th Jan 2011, 01:00
I'm not starting in October or May....... But February, anyone out there doing the same? I've never been to FTE, Jerez or southern Spain as a matter of fact. But hey it all looks great and I can't wait to start! Not wanting to sound like a complete idiot but what's the work load like? Do you get holidays? any info is good info since I'm going in completely blind!

Please post if you are also joining in February and for anyone else who's joining later I'll try my best to stay on PPrune and help you out when you get there :)

Hallifer
12th Jan 2011, 01:10
ANT152 - Your blog is what I've been looking for!

And this goes too anybody out there - is it worth taking a car?

Rithalic
13th Jan 2011, 01:59
i would say, if you can afford the insurance and whatnot then yeah definately.
makes life a hell of a lot easier and getting out of campus regularly will keep you sane (well kinda anyways) plus petrol is cheap as chips down in gibraltar, as is alcohol and smokes if you're that way orientated.

there is a minibus for the use of the students though at reasonable rates and there are a few bikes kicking around the place.

do keep in mind though that the roads are full of spanish drivers which are the equivalent of 80'yr old blind people who have drunk a bottle of whiskey and are on the phone whilst fiddling with the stereo and putting on their makeup.

Hallifer
14th Jan 2011, 04:25
haha, fantastic post and thank you for the info! So I'm guessing from the cheap booze in Gibraltar, anyone who does have a car is more likely to blend in with Spanish driving habits on their drive back to campus? :)

Sounds like a challenge and I think I'll take a car, as much as I want to enjoy FTE, I hear the course can be rough on the mind and a getaway vehicle could be worth having.

stinsy
12th Feb 2011, 05:09
Hey there,
I am just wondering if everyone uses the schools accommodations or is it possible to go out and get your own place and just show up to the school every morning?
I have a friend who lives in the area and I could save a chunk of change staying there.
Thanks for the help

Andulucia2011
13th Feb 2011, 11:52
FTE is excellent. When you come to MCC/JOC again they are first rate except you have to avoid one gentleman (?) who has been round there for far too long and can stop your career dead (he almost did mine) ... problem is he does“nt understand that he too should use CRM an set an example. Angry Santa is a very apt description!!!!!! :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES
15th Feb 2011, 15:58
Train hard, fight easy! It is that way for a reason. A very good FTO. Got me where I wanted, had a great time. And no that wasn't in the hotel club up the road! :}

Rithalic
15th Feb 2011, 19:49
Stinsy-

I'm pretty confident that if you're going to be part of an integrated course then they will insist that you live on campus for the duration. However it never hurt asking so get in touch with the admin team (details are on the website) or failing that pm me and i'll head over to admin and ask for you.

If you were to go modular for your flight training though then lots of people live offsite and just come in for their flights. either way living on campus is ok, mainly because the bar is so close by!

just about to leave here now after nearly 15 months and would highly recommend the school. the training is great and have recieved fantastic instruction since day one so definately give fte a shot.

good luck mate.

stinsy
16th Feb 2011, 16:58
Thanks Rithalic,

I guess what I'm wondering is if it's feasible to stay outside of the school. Is there a set schedule for classes and flights, or do they just sort of ring you at your room when there's a spot?
I'm sure I could make use of that bar either way!!

SM

El khoury
16th Feb 2011, 23:18
is it true that the price will increase from May 2011 and onwards? and why?

the current all-inclusive price is ₤81,000...

stinsy
16th Feb 2011, 23:45
All very helpful, thank you.

I'm interested in the school, and I've contacted them concerning this accommodation stuff and they told me that they in fact do not allow integrated student to stay outside.

I know the program is intensive, but do those of you who have done/doing it think you would have fared ok on your own?

I'm just not used to the kind of living where I'm taken care of and fed and all that. I know it may be weird to some of you, but I kind've enjoy making my own dinner...

Anyway this will be the biggest factor affecting my decision about Jerez knowing it's indeed a very good school.

time4parties
17th Feb 2011, 21:34
Having completed the course I would say it would probably be too much to stay on your own. The course really does get quite intense and you mind find it too much to go home after a day in ground school and have to cook etc! Not only that - living on campus helps. Being able to pop round to your mates room for some help is invaluable. You also wont be able to make full use of the bar if you have to then drive home :ok:

Hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions.

Rithalic
17th Feb 2011, 23:22
el khoury - i cant speak in any official terms but i have noticed the average size of the courses increasing over the last year or so. my guess would be that as there is more demand, they may feel they can increase the price. plus fuel prices are on the increase so.....? but that is pure speculation so who knows.

stinsy - i understand where you are coming from but i agree with time4 wholeheartedley, after a long ass day in ground school your brain is pretty fried and its all you can do to stumble over to the canteen to eat and then relax for an hour or so before you will need to hit the books for a while. one of the main reasons i chose this school was that everything was on site, it was all paid for and i knew i'd be able to just concentrate on studying once i was here. its a personal thing but being around other students 24/7 does force you to work more than if you were on your own i think. i for one will happily say that i wouldnt have done as well as i have if it hadn't have been for being around my coursemates and having supported each other throughout.

ultimately it is your decision but i will say this, its a great school, with genuinely sound people throughout. im leaving on sun after 15 months here and have enjoyed my sentence!....unemployment awaits (albeit temporarily i hope)
good luck with it all.

Gleavage
21st Feb 2011, 14:25
Just confirmed to go and do the aptitude testing in the first week of April :D

Any handy tips?

Rithalic
21st Feb 2011, 15:34
yeh, study some maths and physics (gcse jazz) and have a look at some verbal reasoning questions as well.

as for the interview, if its with colin then just give as much abuse as you get and you should be fine! but generally be confident and be yourself.

enjoy it, spend some time at the bar with the students and good luck man!