PDA

View Full Version : Easy food faux pas

doo
23rd Feb 2011, 19:48
Easyjet only offered red meat options to Jewish flyers | The Sun |News (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3425276/Easyjet-only-offered-red-meat-options-to-Jewish-flyers.html)

davidjohnson6
23rd Feb 2011, 21:36
Jews tend not to drink *that* much alcohol. But boy do we like our food.
Those 5 hours without anything to munch on would have been a major cause of anxiety for the passengers

LH2
23rd Feb 2011, 21:52
Red? Surely they mean "white" meat.

Nothing wrong with red meat as long as you slaughter the right beast properly.

Colour aside, bit of a faux pas. Why didn't the cabin crew just lie and tell the passengers they didn't have any food on board? It's not like they were going to be selling any regardless. I'm not shomer kashrut at the best of times, but the last thing I'd be doing is munching away at a bacon sarnie inbound to TLV. :uhoh:

What did they offer to wash it all down, glass of milk? :}

radeng
24th Feb 2011, 08:15
4 hours could be too much for a diabetic.

Katamarino
24th Feb 2011, 10:06
A diabetic who is travelling should take responsibility for ensuring they have adequate food. It's just common sense. I'm not diabetic, and even I know full well that airline food is often inedible, or sold out on LoCos, and take my own!

radeng
24th Feb 2011, 11:50
All depends how used you are to flying. As to locos selling out, I wouldn't know, having avoided them like the plague as far as European flying is concerned.

AlpineSkier
26th Feb 2011, 12:08
4 hours could be too much for a diabetic.

Didn't you bring this up on an other thread ,radeng, and retire hurt ?

Ancient Observer
26th Feb 2011, 12:50
I think this belongs in JB. The I could say that you lot are making a meal out of this.

Espada III
27th Feb 2011, 10:56
I don't why the loco's try to sell food on the UK- Israel flights. Everyone I know travelling on these flights takes their own home made food, which is twice as good and twice the quantity as airline food.

The same people don't buy the cheap whisky as its only Bells and we Jews will only ever touch single malts!

Just let us get on the plane, take off and leave the entertainment to us. I get hours of fun watch people 'walk' from the UK to Israel in just five hours.