PDA

View Full Version : Easy makes Good! Coals to Newcastle? Idiots!

Semaphore Sam
23rd Feb 2011, 06:41
Airline Apologizes To Jewish Customers

Updated: Tuesday, 22 Feb 2011, 8:41 AM EST
Published : Tuesday, 22 Feb 2011, 8:13 AM EST

LONDON - UK budget airline easyJet apologized Tuesday to Jewish customers after the only food choices served on a flight from Israel were ham melts and bacon baguettes.

Passengers who follow the faith's ban on eating pork were forced to go hungry for the four-and-a-half hour journey from Tel Aviv to London.

The airline introduced the route in November, proudly promising that in-flight menus would feature kosher food that met Jewish dietary laws.

So Victor Kaufman, 25, was stunned when cabin crew announced the meal choices on his flight last weekend.

"It was a little insensitive. I think they need a lesson or two on cultural awareness if they expand their routes into the Middle East. It is not just Jewish passengers who do not eat pork but Muslim ones, too. I couldn't eat anything," the trainee accountant said.

An easyJet spokeswoman said company policy bans even taking pork products aboard planes on the route.

She added, "It appears that a mistake was made on this flight and that incorrect food canisters were loaded. We would like to apologize to the passengers."

Read more

Gulfstreamaviator
23rd Feb 2011, 06:51
Best bacon I ever had was in Tel Aviv......

Next best is here in Dubai...

glf

CaptainProp
23rd Feb 2011, 07:34
Idiots?! Chill out....A mistake was made and the airline apologized. End of story.

Wizofoz
23rd Feb 2011, 08:46
The odd US company has made similar mistakes....

Don't forget your Hanukkah ham at Wal*Mart! :::facepalm::: on Twitpic (http://twitpic.com/3cwiri)

puff m'call
23rd Feb 2011, 10:10
Just get a life and eat the damm stuff like we in the western world do, what's it going to do, kill you??????

Had some stupid girl on a flight try telling me that pork was dirty meat and that pigs eat thier own feceses. having lived around farms and worked with pigs (much like i do now) I gave here some on the spot education!!:ugh:

Idiots

scorpion62
23rd Feb 2011, 10:32
Coprophagy refers to many kind of feces eating including eating feces of other species (heterospecifics), other individuals (allocoprophagy), or its own (autocoprophagy), those once deposited or taken directly from the anus.[1]

Pigs are also known to eat their own feces and even human feces as well. However, domesticated pigs should not be allowed to eat any sort of feces, as this contributes to the risk of parasite infection.

Nightfire
23rd Feb 2011, 11:46
Airplane food is disgusting anyway. You may as well eat faeces. :yuk:

D O Guerrero
23rd Feb 2011, 19:29
There is a price to pay for being a picky eater.

crewmeal
24th Feb 2011, 06:21
Poor pilots they have always been treated like mushrooms - put in the dark and have s***e thrown at them.

Maybe airlines should stop serving mushrooms now!!