PDA

View Full Version : Positon N 28 33.045 W 81 21.219

Tom the Tenor
5th May 2001, 14:35
A friend of mine has just moved to the Orlando, Florida area and he has given me the coordinates N 28 33.045 W 81 21.219 as to where he lives. Can some kind person tell me what street the location is at as the only atlas I have is my old school atlas from twenty years ago. From checking the coordinates of Orlando International on the web I know the location is a little west of the airport. Thank you, TTT.

Bellerophon
5th May 2001, 17:09
Looking at a VFR Terminal Area Chart for Tampa/Orlando, your friend may have moved just west of the airport, but from the co-ordinates given, that airport is not Orlando International (MCO) nor Orlando Sanford (SFB), but is Orlando Executive (ORL), where, coincidentally, I used to do some light aircraft flying.

Trying to plot a Lat & Long on a Rand McNally street map isn’t easy, but to the best of my ability, your friend is just south of East Colonial Drive (SR50) in the vicinity of Bumby Avenue, and, dare I say it, Concord Street :) :)

Hope this helps!

EDDNR
5th May 2001, 17:32
Looks like N Hillside Ave. just to the west of the airport on www.earthamaps.com (http://www.earthamaps.com)

Rod

Tom the Tenor
6th May 2001, 02:12
Thank you Bellerphon and EDDNR for all your help. That is great. Wish I was there now around Orlando Executive having a drink in the shade in the warm afternoon sun with nothing else to do except watch the biz-jets come and go. That would be the life. Thank you, TTT.