PDA

View Full Version : Military Enhanced Learning Credits Training Provider

appleavi8or
18th Feb 2011, 11:54
I am soon to leave the Military and want to renew my expired CPL(A) and perhaps gain an FIC rating. I am close to exit date and I am finding it difficult to identify an already approved, ELC Provider to do any training with.

I have had some very positive help from a nearby training school but they are not ELC approved and I suspect will not gain approval before I need to start training. I am getting close to the point of giving up on the process as the ELC Advice Service give all possible assistance short of actual help - it is a frustrating exercise.

Does anyone know of a UK based, ELC Approved Provider capable of giving me some flight instruction, possible up to FIC?

Thanks.

mad_jock
18th Feb 2011, 12:14
There isn't such a thing as AFI any more.

Alex at bristol ground school will proberly point you in the right direction.

Instructor | Examiner | Commercial Pilot Licence| Seaplane | Full and Part-Time courses (http://www.ontrackaviation.com/)

I would recommend as a first point of call to see if they do have it.

They aren't the cheapest but give good value for money for what you pay.

blagger
18th Feb 2011, 15:33
On Track are ELC approved.

Pelikanpete
19th Feb 2011, 12:48
Multiflight in Leeds and even Oxford Aviation Academy have courses approved for Enhanced Learning Credits. I used them for my ATPL Ground School at Oxford.

Goprdon
20th Feb 2011, 09:52
appleavi8or , check your PMs. Anyone else interested in FIC (Aeroplanes) using ELC please PM me.

magicmick
21st Feb 2011, 10:54
Hi

I'm not sure where you are in the country but you could try Aeros Flight Training in Gloucester. They are ELC registered and they run FI and CPL courses, I used my ELC grants with them and they were very geared up and experienced with the process.

Unless the situation has changed recently, you can only use one ELC claim per year so you can either pay for one course totally yourself and put ELC towards the other or you can do one course using ELC, wait for a year and use ELC for the second course as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

appleavi8or
22nd Feb 2011, 08:04
Thank you all. It is nice to see much less cynicism & smart-a***e comments on this forum than on the Military forum. I am trying to get the FIC rating paid for over two financial years by spanning 1 April. This seems acceptable to the ELC chaps but I must first renew my lapsed CPL.

The CAA have not bothered to reply to my letters asking about a reduction in ground training time due to my Rotary Instructor Rating but I think I now have a couple of options to follow up.

One further complication seems to be gaining the experience under supervision to remove the Restrictions on the FIC. If anyone needs an FI for free in the South of England over the Summer, please drop me a line!

mad_jock
22nd Feb 2011, 10:22
Speak to the chaps at ontrack. They seem to have all the right phone numbers and will be able to tell you what you need.

Please don't instruct for free its really screws it up for everyone else your doing a professional job so at least get paid the going rate.

I too don't need payed as I work as a commercial pilot and only do it for fun but I still don't do it for free because of the ethics.