PDA

View Full Version : EK ATW Airline of the Year

cerbus
15th Feb 2011, 08:38
Airline Transport World declared Emirates airline of the year.
Now one can not argue that EK gives good customer service. Its employee realtions and contract adminstration is a totally different matter which was not metioned in the article.
What really pissed me off was that while TC was in DC getting interviewed he failed to say one word about its fantastic employees. All he said was about how great the management is. This from a manager that failed in Bahrain and could not get hired at BA.
Any great manager will tell you that at any company its greatest assests is ALWAYS its employees. In the middle east with its slave labour and dictatorial management style the employees are not even consider an asset much less its greatest assest.
This is very typical and I guess I should not be surprised but it still hits hard at the attitude. This will mean that managers will get their bonus and we will suffer again and lose out.
20 pilots resigned in Jan according to DN at our washup. How many are going to leave when we get our bonus that is contractally ours stolen from us?

LHR Rain
15th Feb 2011, 13:42
Is this somehow surprising? How long have you been at EK that you don't know how you are treated.
Everyone knows how this part of the world treats its employees.

Capetonian
15th Feb 2011, 13:56
Airline Transport World declared Emirates airline of the year.

I would guess they haven't done too many transits at DXB then? Or perhaps they don't count the transit experience at EK's hub as part of the airline's service. From a passenger perspective, good airline, shame about the airport (and the destination if we're talking DXB).