PDA

View Full Version : EK airplane emergency landing

dispilot
14th Feb 2011, 10:35
EK203 made an emergency landing into stockholm due to smoke.any news about it?good(job) luck crew((.

YYZ
14th Feb 2011, 12:23
Dubai - New York flight makes emergency landing (http://www.swedishwire.com/business/8558-dubai-new-york-flight-makes-emergency-landing-in-stockholm-)

Dubai - New York flight makes emergency landing

An Boeing Emirates 777 travelling from Dubai to New York with 361 passengers on board made an emergency landing in Stockholm early Monday after smoke was detected in the cabin, an airport spokesman said.

"They had a indication of smoke in the cabin ... It could have been someone smoking in the toilets," Anders Bredfell of Stockholm's Arlanda airport told AFP.

The plane landed around 7:00 a.m. (0600 GMT) but the pilot "didn't want to evacuate the plane right away on the tarmac using the slides," he added.

Passengers disembarked normally and waited inside the airport while technicians inspected the plane.

Last Updated (Monday, 14 February 2011 12:29)

emiratesson
14th Feb 2011, 23:14
As I heard that the cause is a failure in the IFE cooling fan.. :confused:

gulf_slf
15th Feb 2011, 08:41
Any credibility in the report that the IFE system overheated ?

Was this a 'Fume incident' related to the engine oil been ingested via the 'Bleed Air' ?
Even if it were I doubt if anybody get a blood test for the toxin 'tri-cresyl phosphate' to see if they had been poisoned.....

Guess we will never know for sure ......

Swedish Steve
16th Feb 2011, 12:19
It was the IFE cooling fan that had failed.
The aircraft was dispatched with the IFE system inop, and continued to JFK.

When I arrived at 1000 local, the pax were all on board. I don't think they left the aircraft.

MATMAX
16th Feb 2011, 22:16
did the purser put the M/S off and check about the smoke ?

MATMAX
16th Feb 2011, 22:18
gulf slf , stop using drugs ! and ask to an Engineer when you do not know before saying stupid things.

Terry McCassey
18th Feb 2011, 13:00
. . . . saying stupid things ? Kettle ? Pot ? Noir ?