PDA

View Full Version : Maroomba

mustman
14th Feb 2011, 01:50
Maroomba have been advertising recently. In the past month ads have turned up for B200, Hawker and Dash 8 drivers.

As a relativity smaller player in Perth in comparison to Network, Skippers, Skywest etc, how do these guys compare to work for? Are they expanding and needing more drivers or is it a crappy place to work and people are quitting all the time?

Is most of their work FIFO mining stuff?

Desert Duck
14th Feb 2011, 04:58
No major expansion - lots of adverts for crew!

I wonder why?

Monopole
14th Feb 2011, 05:46
I've never worked for Maroomba, but I do know the operator very well. If I wasnt working for one of the 'larger' operators at the moment, I would work there in a heart beat.

And nearly every single person who has left Maroomba, have done so purely to move into something larger, and nearly every single one of those people when I've asked them, all said they would go back.

Ive spoken to Steve on a few occassions in regards to T&C's, and I think they are more then fair and some better then XR, QQ and certainly Network and Skippers. The rostering (from what I've heard) may not sit well with some and certainly not my cup of tea, hence some better then appropriate conditions/allowances. All in all, seems to be a clean outfit.

(infomation based purley on my opinion from seconhand information as well as information from the horses mouth).

P51D
14th Feb 2011, 13:28
Steve Young is a very decent bloke. Do the right thing by him and he'll do the right thing by you.

airstream
15th Feb 2011, 04:57
Hey mustman you hit it on the head the operator is a tool:D

mustman
15th Feb 2011, 06:37
Hey mustman you hit it on the head the operator is a tool

Your words not mine. I have no idea about them, hence why I am asking.

Seems a bit 50/50 for haters and lovers.