PDA

View Full Version : From BBC East website

AARON O'DICKYDIDO
12th Feb 2011, 10:38
The military could move into Britain's jails if prison officers take industrial action, the BBC has learned.

Soldiers and RAF personnel are being trained in control and restraint techniques as part of a government contingency plan to deal with a crisis behind bars.

Another string to your bow then chaps.

downsizer
12th Feb 2011, 11:07
Yep, trawl for volunteers was a few weeks ago.

Grabbers
12th Feb 2011, 11:42
Gutted I missed the trawl. CS gas, big sticks, luvverly jubberly. Give the prisoners more to worry about than their reprehensible attempt to hold UKPLC to ransom over the vote. :mad:

TorqueOfTheDevil
12th Feb 2011, 12:01
But how many prisons have 5-star hotels nearby for the RAF personnel to live in for their 22-hours a day rest time?

Presumably the RN has been excluded from this task lest they refused to go back to sea after experiencing the luxury of a modern prison...

November4
12th Feb 2011, 13:32
The military could move into Britain's jails

I know of 3 (ex) RAF who have recently moved in prison....:=

ShyTorque
12th Feb 2011, 16:59
But how many prisons have 5-star hotels nearby for the RAF personnel to live in for their 22-hours a day rest time?
Presumably the RN has been excluded from this task lest they refused to go back to sea after experiencing the luxury of a modern prison...

Let's face it, the individual services get the accommodation they deserve....

So did the three bent movers.

baffman
12th Feb 2011, 17:46
Let's face it, the individual services get the accommodation they deserve....

Off topic, but WTF is that supposed to mean?

Clockwork Mouse
12th Feb 2011, 18:33
Takes me back nearly 50 years to when I guarded the prison containing a Youth Leader, a Minister of Production and a Deputy Chancellor.

ShyTorque
12th Feb 2011, 18:43
Off topic, but WTF is that supposed to mean?

Understanding a reply to banter is obviously a dying skill in some circles....

(Not addressed to you, in any case. :rolleyes: )

Dengue_Dude
12th Feb 2011, 20:16
Just think, in prison, you might meet some of the bastards that got us in this mess in the first place . . . I think they were called MPs (not snowdrops, the other sort).

Motleycallsign
12th Feb 2011, 20:58
I seem to remember emptying a prison ship moored in Belfast harbour only for it to be turned into a floating Barracks. Deja Vu

cazatou
13th Feb 2011, 08:15
TOTD

I note from a Royal Navy website that the restoration of HMS Victory "started in 1922 and continues today".

Eighty eight years of restoration and she still isn't ready for sea!!!

Wensleydale
13th Feb 2011, 08:19
I seem to remember emptying a prison ship moored in Belfast harbour only for it to be turned into a floating Barracks. Deja Vu

Or even the floating barracks (the Coastels) that were sent up from the Falklands but not deemed adequate for prisons...... I seem to recall that this was about the same time as operational military personnel were given an extra £5 phone card over Christmas - prisoners in the UK received £10!