PDA

View Full Version : Who's GIV??

TBM-Legend
12th Feb 2011, 02:44
YouTube - N127DK damaged at TAHITI Airport (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnVRc1tdrZI)

Nose wheel first
12th Feb 2011, 03:53
Third hand info.....

I heard it was being operated by Aus Jet out of Melbourne....

Something about a rather senior person in the organisation starting only one engine to shift it but having no hydraulics for the brakes....

I don't fly a G IV so have no idea how the brakes work...

As I said... third hand info...

apache
12th Feb 2011, 04:14
belongs to Wells Fargo Bank.

troppo
12th Feb 2011, 12:11
Googling a registration gives basic information. Wells Fargo and the like act as leasing companies (you don't just run out and pay cash for a jet). To answer whose it is dig a little bit deeper.

Noeyedear
12th Feb 2011, 12:32
I don't know whether the single-engine taxi scenario is fact or speculation, but for anyone interested in the mechanics of it:

AFM 2-08-60
Single engine taxi is recommended utilizing the left engine for power and hydraulics. Additionally, the APU should be running and selected ON for electrical power in the event of a left alternator/converter failure.

Having said that, the Park Brake (Emergency Brake) should have been available. It's hydraulic but the accumulator is charged by the electrically driven AUX HYD Pump which can run on batteries only.

Unfortunate for all :sad:

nomorecatering
13th Feb 2011, 04:43
Certainly brings new meaning to the statement......ah dad about the car...I
ve had a bit of an accident.

Worrals in the wilds
13th Feb 2011, 06:52
Youchie. :ouch:
I'll bet he's off his insurance company's Chrissie card list. What would it cost to repair damage like that? Is it repairable?

baron_beeza
13th Feb 2011, 07:20
It is certainly repairable... probably not too difficult in the scheme of things. However sods law has well and truly struck, - Tahiti..

I doubt it can be repaired locally, certainly not easily... The repair bill would already be climbing at a dramatic rate.
It would have to be assessed, parts procured (or at least ordered), plans for ferry flight and or, on-site repair drawn up, travel and accommodation costs..

I think if you are going to have an oopsy then there may be better places to do it...

bugger..

itsbrokenagain
13th Feb 2011, 07:26
How does a bus company afford or need a G4 I wonder.....

ASN Aircraft accident 31-JAN-2011 Gulfstream G-IV N127DK (http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=89761)