PDA

View Full Version : Immigration at Dubai International

Flock1
11th Feb 2011, 15:35
Hi,

I am wondering whether I've left myself enough time.

FLIGHT 1 - Doha - Dubai (Qatar Airways) Arrives 10.05
FLIGHT 2 - Dubai - Yerevan (Armavia) Departs 13.05

Which is ample time if just transiting. But I'm not just transiting, I'm departing the QR flight, wandering to immigration, collecting my luggage and rechecking in for the Armavia flight. Luckily, all of this is happening in T1.

What do you reckon?

Hartington
11th Feb 2011, 22:07
I think it would be sensible to plan a backup and know how much it's going to cost you.

Rwy in Sight
12th Feb 2011, 07:42
Can't you have your baggage checked through thus saving time to recheck in?

Rwy in Sight

ExXB
12th Feb 2011, 08:45
Did you buy your ticket(s) in a single transaction, or did you buy two independently? If you have a single ticket this would mean that Qatar and Armavia do have an interline agreement and QR would check your bag through. If you have two tickets QR MIGHT do this on check in at Doha, but they may not either.

I suggest you call Qatar and ask them. 3 hours would be plenty of time if you don't need to clear immigration and re-check in.

Most of my flights into DBX have arrived earlier (around 0730) and I have never waited at immigration for more than 30 minutes - and customs hasn't taken any time at all. 3 hours might be enough, but without a single ticket there are no guarantees.

Flock1
12th Feb 2011, 09:04
Hi,

The tickets are separate. Qatar Airways says they can't check my bags all the way through. So bearing this in mind, I've re-booked my QR flight to the day before to save me a lot of potential angst! All it means is staying in Dubai for the night.

Cheers

Flock1