PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some help with marketing

jamieerst
11th Feb 2011, 14:58
Hi,

bit of a funny request in this section..

i work for an IT company and we are running a competition internally to get our branded Smart Car pictured in some interesting situations.

i had a friend who was based at RAF Leeming and he was arranging for the car to have its picture taken next to a fighter jet.. unfortunately he was on contract and now is out of work..

so im basically beggin to get a picture of this smart car next to some form of military aircraft..

im based near Manchester, UK. any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jamie

Duncan D'Sorderlee
11th Feb 2011, 15:10
There's a Nimrod MR2 at the Manchester viewing area. It was, until recently a military aircraft. There are also some, soon to be bean tin, MRA4s at Woodford.

Duncs:ok:

cazatou
11th Feb 2011, 15:37
Jamie

You could always try the Imperial War Museum at Duxford - they may be willing to help for a suitable donation; e-mail IWM DUXFORD.

Pontius Navigator
11th Feb 2011, 15:43
jamie,

What you are seeking is a commercial gain by exploiting Government assets.

There is nothing wrong with that except there is no free lunch.

There is a section at Air Command called the Wider Markets Initiative and they would offer facilities for a fee. That fee may be reduced it there was a perceived public relations benefit for the Service.

If you did manage to do this via the back door I can assure you that a delivery of manure would be dumped on whoever helped you.

As suggested, a museum may be a better option as they may see a better publicity benefit than would the RAF.

Techmick
11th Feb 2011, 15:59
Try Elvington air museum near York, I am sure for a small donation they would assist you.

MATELO
11th Feb 2011, 16:33
Photoshop. It is the future.

NutLoose
12th Feb 2011, 10:10
Try Elvington air museum near York, I am sure for a small donation they would assist you.

Totally agree, they have a lightning, a harrier, a tornado, a victor, or buccaneers....

or bradford based

http://tamebay.com/2011/02/harrier-jump-jet-bombs-twice-on-ebay.html

been in all the news after a 7 year old tried to buy it, but pulled by ebay as a weapons platform lol

they have an ebay site with contact details or their addy is
Jet Art Aviation Ltd - in Bradford BD13 - 192.com (http://www.192.com/atoz/business/bradford-bd13/sc/jet-art-aviation-ltd/cf1691f0fe6c2e058b6146c643e9083ac971e609/comp/)