PDA

View Full Version : Which is worse?

VH-XXX
8th Feb 2011, 21:29
Which is worse in your opinion?

A PPL doing Commercial Joyflights in an aircraft with 4 passengers ?

Or

An unlicensed taxi driver carrying 4 fare-paying passengers ?

SeldomFixit
8th Feb 2011, 21:30
Obvious really - the cab driver would have showered.:hmm:

maverick22
8th Feb 2011, 21:36
The cab drivers around here are so bad they may as well be unlicensed:uhoh:

VH-XXX
8th Feb 2011, 21:40
Mav.... They probably are (unlicensed).

Sunfish
8th Feb 2011, 21:52
Cab driving - Three months perhaps?

Doogue & O'Brien (Melbourne,VIC) (http://doogueobrien.rtrk.com.au/?scid=33534&kw=4368249)

PPL taking paying customers - Two years.

Civil Aviation Act 1988 (http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2010C00743/Html/Text#_Toc276373768)

VH-XXX
8th Feb 2011, 23:05
Not quite Sunny sorry, I'm talking about a driver who has a drivers licnence but doesn't have a commercial licence, just like a PPL.

Old Akro
9th Feb 2011, 00:05
Based on the raid that was done at the Tullamarine rank a couple of years ago there is a high probability that the Taxi driver is also in breach of his visa requirements.

CoodaShooda
9th Feb 2011, 00:26
My insurers tell me I'm safer flying ultralights than driving. Does that help?

sisemen
9th Feb 2011, 00:43
...and you have to be proficient in the use of English if you want to fly here (it also helps if you have a rough idea of where you are going).

PPRuNeUser0163
9th Feb 2011, 00:46
what about the dozens of people in normal cars who decide on new years eve to pretend they are taxi's and make some makeshift sign and charge revellers to go around town.. Seen this myself in Sydney, im sure it happens elsewhere..

Can you envisage a PPL with a NVFR doing this too?:rolleyes: I can't

VH-XXX
9th Feb 2011, 01:18
My VISA expired too once. I went to the bank and got a new one.

This question came up when I travelled in a taxi with unlicensed driver when accompanied by a work colleague. My colleague stated that they didn't care that the taxi driver was not licenced appropriately, as long as we got there safely. I then likened their thoughts around an airliner. Same story, they didn't care who was piloting it, PPL or not, as long as we arrived safely.

I suggested that was a great concept until something went wrong.

CoodaShooda
9th Feb 2011, 02:52
Interesting obeservation XXX.

I was stuck next to a couple of well-heeled, pig ignorant, egotistical Sydneysiders on yesterday's flight from Alice Springs to Darwin. The type who think the request to turn off all electrical devices while on descent doesn't apply to them but who still conceal their mobile while the cabin crew walked by.

Got terribly upset when we had to go around from short final because of a tropical downpour sitting over the runway and that we had to hold for 20 minutes while it cleared up. It was all due to the crew's incompetence that their valuable time was being wasted and their self-important arrival delayed.

I reckon people like that deserve the opportunity to fly/drive with unqualified, inexperienced pilots/drivers - just in the interests of maintaining a viable gene pool