PDA

View Full Version : NZ BFR question?!

hightower1986
7th Feb 2011, 19:58
Morning all, I was wondering if someone on here can help clear up the situation regarding my NZ PPL lapsing, I came from the UK 2 Years ago to do my PPL and I'm still living in UK but need to get over to NZ to do the BFR.

I have been in touch with the CAA to find out if it makes much difference if I do the BFR within the 2 year window from passing my flight test or leave it a few months longer, they basically told me that I would just return to Student Pilot status, if I exceed the 2 year point.

Now as I see it, I would only need to do the BFR to restore my status to current?
So surely I would be in the same position if I did the BFR before or after the 2 year date? I am unable to see the drawback with being a "Student " again. I feel I have missed something along the way here and would appreciate it if someone could explain it a little clearer. Thank you

luckyluke
7th Feb 2011, 20:35
They are exactly right, if you pass the 2 year BFR mark you loose your licence privelages, but will only take a reveiew flight to the acceptable standards to reinstate it. once you pass the 5 year mark then you will have to resit the law exam.

hightower1986
7th Feb 2011, 20:41
Thanks that seems to be sort of how I read it but it seems a bit too easy really? I'm sure the UK PPL would be much more complicate for no reason :rolleyes: