PDA

View Full Version : Does Non-Payment Invalidate Conversion?

Flying Bean
16th Mar 2002, 21:05
What is the situation if a Pilot goes to a Flight School, does a conversion, signed off by Flight School and CAA, and then does not pay.. .Is there any recourse to CAA to revoke the conversion or is it then just a legal civil law matter?

rolling circle
17th Mar 2002, 00:22
The CAA has no interest in the financial arrangements between school and customer, their business is safety regulation not trading standards or contract law. Provided the student supplies the appropriate end of course paperwork and the appropriate fee, the CAA will issue the licence, rating or whatever.. .. .If the school has any sense, it will not supply the end of course paperwork until the final account is settled. Without it, the CAA will not process the licence application.

IRRenewal
17th Mar 2002, 02:32
It's interesting to notice that the UK CAA will not even look at any paperwork until they have banked the money!. .. .When a candidate after an IMC flight test said to me once 'I did not realise there was an examiner's fees' I said to him 'I did not realise I had to sign this form'. Guess who got his money.... .. .Regards