PDA

View Full Version : Pension and grant payments

vfr into cloud
6th Feb 2011, 15:59
how long does it take to hit ya bank account post demob?

cheers vfr

Canadian WokkaDoctor
6th Feb 2011, 16:03
I got out in 2009 and then the target was 10 days, but they have 28 days to transfer the funds into your bank account.

Canadian WokkaDoctor

Jambo Jet
6th Feb 2011, 17:09
The day after i left

The Old Fat One
6th Feb 2011, 17:30
Midnight the day I left

13 May 2003

Kinda nice feeling looking at all that wonga in the bank. Pity it's not there now!

obnoxio f*ckwit
6th Feb 2011, 18:34
Exactly 7 working days. Very efficient at sorting out tax codes etc as well to avoid my underpaying tax in the transition period.

No complaints from me at all.

WASALOADIE
6th Feb 2011, 18:35
They were in my bank the day after I left.

TMK1
6th Feb 2011, 18:49
Having left in Dec and with the Christmas break, lump sum was 2 weeks after exit date and pension started a month after I left. All as advertised and the system appears very efficient. A letter covering all the pension details and contact numbers arrived at the same time.

Canadian WokkaDoctor
6th Feb 2011, 20:07
hmm,

I got out on 18 March 09 and it took until 28th March for my money!

CWD

Tony Clatworthy
6th Feb 2011, 23:00
Military Pensions
The Government have altered how your Military Pension is affected by annual inflation. * They have changed the link from RPI to CPI which will decrease the value of your pension year on year.* Below are some examples of the loss, which have been supplied by the Forces Pension Society, illustrating the cost of the change from RPI to CPI:*
a. Disabled double amputee 28 year old Corporal £587,000 by age 70.
b. 40 year old Sergeant Royal Marines £212,000 by age 85.
c. 40 year old Squadron Leader £319,000 by age 85.
Please sign the petition which is very easy to do, simply click on the link below:

*Protect Military Pensions (http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/protect-our-military-pensions/)

The petition site has a blog along with a question and answer facility, do please use it.*

To help make the petition grow please pass this information on to friends and college's. * Support from both ex military and none military personnel for the petition is important as we believe the pension is a strong part of the Military Covenant which our Government is signed up to.

Winchweight
7th Feb 2011, 05:28
Last day 25th dec, pension landed 21st Jan

YellowBelly
7th Feb 2011, 06:13
Glad to hear that SVPA sorted out the tax code upon retirement - do they always do this I wonder?

Winchweight
7th Feb 2011, 06:56
I think they will, but in my case I pre-empted them and contacted the Tax Office directly as I am now living and earning overseas (paying tax there too)

That said the tax code is still a bit Fubar as they have not received my P45

Wensleydale
7th Feb 2011, 07:58
Glad to hear that SVPA sorted out the tax code upon retirement - do they always do this I wonder?

The tax office contacted me, with a tax form to complete, after about 4 weeks. As for the SVPA - it all went smoothly and as advertised - even with the Christmas break getting in the way. (Cash went into bank at end of 1st working week). Its grand to see that something actually works these days!:ok: