PDA

View Full Version : Geraldton & Kalbarri

willow87
6th Feb 2011, 10:46
G'day,

A bit of help please

I'm planning on driving up the coast in search of my first job. I heard that Geraldton and Kalbarri could be a good place to start. A friend told me that this time of year is a busy period there because of the rocklobster season starting.

Could anyone tell me anything about this? is it worth sitting it out in Gerladton instead of driving north to Broome/Kununnura with all the other newbies?

Also, any information on the 3 operators in geraldton would be good

- Shine Aviation Services,
- Geraldton Air Charters
- Batavia Coast Air Charter.

Do they take low hour pilots?

Thank you.

Willow

Johnny_56
6th Feb 2011, 10:57
G'day Willow, good luck.

Batavia coast doesn't exist anymore, they were taken over by Gerro Air Charter.

I believe Shine you need an instructor rating, MECIR etc as it's mainly Multi-engine charter. I don't think you'd get a gig as a first job.

Geraldton Air Charter would be your best bet. I think the cray season starts around easter and goes to about Nov. Apparently they get pretty busy flying over to the Abrohlos, so they may be looking at putting someone on.

I think Kalbarri has a 207 and a Muskateer or something doing scenics, they might be worth dropping in a resume in to too.

With the dry season coming on though, you'd be better of stopping through and saying G'day on your way further North. Unless you have a need to stay close to Perth. Thats what I'd recommend anyway.

Hope that helps.