PDA

View Full Version : Cabair (Merged 2011)

nagsta
4th May 2010, 17:14
It looks like it's been a while since anyone has posted to this thread, so if there is anyone here who would care to share their recent experiences with Cabair, good or bad, I for one would be grateful.

G CEXO
4th May 2010, 20:43
Heres an experience:

I called Cranfield and requested a brochure and upto date pricing for both their Integrated and Modular courses. Having a PPL already, I was told I will be reimbursed a small amount into an integrated course if I was to train with them.

To date, (Today will be 8 days) I have yet to recieve any emails of any kind from Cabair. It completely opened my eyes, as if I am being treated like this prior to paying them £50k or what ever the costs are, what will they be like when they have my money in their pockets!? :ooh:

Cabair either, do not wany my money or are completely foolish when it comes to business. Either way, they will not be training me :=

jez d
6th May 2010, 07:54
I believe Keren is no longer with the company.

Heliskier
6th May 2010, 13:57
You are indeed right, Keren is no longer with the company. Ask for Calise Mole instead.

I did Cabair's integrated course and to be honest they were very good. The course took more like 18 months than the 13 months advertised but no problems other than that.

Any questions Nagsta, pm me.

darn
6th May 2010, 14:15
In my experience (over 2 yrs ago now) the ATPL ground school (at Bournemouth) was very good, with high pass rates.

However I chose not to do any flying with them as there seemed to be a very high student:instructor ratio, and the guys on the CPL/IR did a lot of hanging around doing nothing. I've also heard less than complimentary things about flying with cabair from others.

SyafHt
20th Jun 2010, 15:41
Hey. I'll be having my assessment with Cabair like 8 hours from now. So you guys have any idea where to find the examples of the assessment? We'll be having Morrisby test by 9 a.m and Written Maths test at 1:30 Pm and followed by Aural maths. And if anybody knows how will this test be conducted? So if you guys can help me out. XD Thanks.

daviation
27th Jul 2010, 12:22
Hi Heliskier,
Is Graham Austin still working at Cranfield ? Thanks David

iranair777
29th Jul 2010, 21:00
First day of flight training (hopefully) on the first sept at bournemouth, what clothes should we wear? or will we be given clothes before the start?

Heliskier
4th Aug 2010, 15:07
Hi David, Graham Austin is no longer Chief Exec. He left about 2 years ago and Mike Watt now fills that role.

Iranair, I was at Cranfield but I would guess smart trousers and a shirt (or suit) on the first day. It is unlikely that you will be flying on the very first day as there are always lots of other things to run through but maybe end of that week, very start of the next.

As for Cabair being your last choice, I would have to disagree. I never found a problem getting onto the DA40. Fair enough, the course definitely lasts longer than 13 months but I think they have now changed their promo blurb to a 62 week course. Some people did manage to complete the course in 15 months but I still think 17-18 months is more realistic and in line with the other schools. Having left nearly a year ago I can tell you that they don't just forget about you but you do have to work at keeping yourself fresh in their minds. If you sit back and expect a job to come to you then you will be stuck for a long time! They do still have industry contacts and they can still make recommendations (once that area picks up again). Oxford and CTC do look better connected but that doesn't mean that Cabair have nothing.

SyafHt
12th Aug 2010, 05:31
^^, I passed my cabair assessment last time.

VFR Transit
12th Aug 2010, 08:22
I am looking at starting my ATPL theory with Cabair in Jan / Mar 2011 and will be doing this on a full time basis. I will be bringing my 5 Berth Caravan as my accomodation which has a very large awning so there is plenty of space.

I will be having one of the double beds and would consider renting out the other double bed to another possible student!!
If anyone is interested in staying with me for £45.00 - £50.00 per week to include all bills, then drop me a private message.

The location is very close to the Airfield and will have running water, electricity and there is a shower and loo block next to caravan.

Thanks
VFR

zerotohero
12th Aug 2010, 09:44
Jesus that really is committing to training! fair play to you, sounds a cracking idea. :ok:

VFR Transit
12th Aug 2010, 10:03
Is the cheapest accomodation people will find and they also have a study partner :-)

VFR