PDA

View Full Version : Golden eagle operation

ryanboxer
5th Feb 2011, 01:05
Does anyone know details about golden eagle airlines in WA, and now there planned B1900 operation?

PilotWA123
5th Feb 2011, 08:36
This is their first turboprop a/c ..they have Chieftain, Islander and 206. They prob use tht for RPT between Broome, Port hedland or Derby (Curtin Airport) just a rough guess..

ryanboxer
5th Feb 2011, 12:12
any idea what they are like to work for?

The Green Goblin
5th Feb 2011, 12:25
If you carry a bible in your nav bag, then you will fit into the team :8

bigbrother
5th Feb 2011, 20:38
From an ex employee I hear the bible is for personal emotional health reasons. You tend to find god when life and death issues are part of everyday work.

PilotWA123
6th Feb 2011, 03:40
they all hate their boss chief pilot is alrite .Lack of progression

Skystar320
6th Feb 2011, 08:49
Golden Eagle Airlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Eagle_Airlines)

Apparently BAe 146's are on the way!

The Green Goblin
6th Feb 2011, 08:54
You will be expected to do your full 90hrs duty

This really get's up my goat.

Full time employees work 38 hours per week, not 45, although as a Pilot you can extend to get the job done (which is why the 90 hour duty limit is there).

If you work over 38 hours in the week, or 76 in the fortnight, you are on overtime - plain and simple.

Put that in ya pipe and smoke it!

baron_beeza
6th Feb 2011, 09:10
Apparently BAe 146's are on the way!

Hhhaaha, well spotted.

So there is some chance of progression through the ranks after-all, - is it really a step-up though, going from the BN2 to a BAe146.

Nose wheel first
6th Feb 2011, 09:11
So who's going to fly the 1900's?

I'm assuming they are going to hire externally? When I was flying up that way they didn't have anyone with enough hours or experience to do the job with the exception of their main check and training guy.

vee tail
6th Feb 2011, 21:50
Most people work a 45 hour week however when you take out 1hr lunch break and 2 15 minute breaks that makes 38 hours.

Start smokin

bogdantheturnipboy
6th Feb 2011, 22:56
pprune needs to have a like button like facebook

I like big brothers comment;
"From an ex employee I hear the bible is for personal emotional health reasons. You tend to find god when life and death issues are part of everyday work.":ok:

If you have any anti-religious sentiment at all, working for Golden Eagle will drive that home until you find yourself writing the next edition of "The God Delusion".

NTChicky
6th Feb 2011, 23:08
The CP if he is the same one, will probably burst into tears at the drop of a hat. Rolling around on the floor like a baby crying and kicking and sobbing.

Your pays will be late and less than award. You will get your payslip one day and find your annual leave has vanished.

90 hours. Haha. is that a week? If you fly the RPT and there are delays you will never finish on time nor would you have minimum rest. If things are going well the CP will come take your plane and do some circuits in it giving it back to you after the time you were to depart and then demand that you fill our an incident report to explain why you were late.

Do not fill our an SMS report because the CP will spend days finding our who lodged the report and then crucify you for it.

When you leave the owner and the CP will do their best to find where you are going to and try to get you fired from your new position. They say they do not give references but let me tell you, the damage done by those so called christians is unbelievable.

The CP himself said back in 08 (I think) when he joined the company the turbines were coming in 8 weeks, that was by then 8 years ago. The KR has been talking about turbines just to make people think it is a company that they should apply to because of possible progression. If he cant fly a PA-31 how is he going to fly a 1900?

To Summarise, when you leave the chances are that you will go with no money, no reputation and if KR and Mr Cross Gorilla have anything to do with it, no job to go to at all.

RUN AND HIDE!!!! :suspect::yuk:

NTChicky
6th Feb 2011, 23:11
Likes bogdantheturnipboy (http://www.pprune.org/members/76833-bogdantheturnipboy)'s status.

NTChicky
6th Feb 2011, 23:37
Get yourself a coffee, a comfortable chair, and settle in to this. Some is crap, but about 85% or more is true. Happy reading

http://http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/271588-golden-eagle.html (http://http//www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/271588-golden-eagle.html)

NTChicky
6th Feb 2011, 23:48
And to Capt. Cross Gorilla

Ecclesiastes 5:2 (http://bible.cc/ecclesiastes/5-2.htm) Let thy words be few.

In other words, Shut Up and F##K OFF!!!

snoop doggy dog
7th Feb 2011, 02:27
If they try that one out when you leave, there is a nice department in WA (I think Fair Trading or something similar) that will help you out :ok: Remember to also claim for all allowances you are entitled to; eg 50 hourly, aircraft wash, meal etc, that would not have beeen paid during the time you worked there :)

Be patient and you will get all you are owed ;)

Don't waste your time with the AFAP as they couldn't be phucked with you :mad:

The main man is an arrogent phuck. Employers know this as well ;).

Jedi
7th Feb 2011, 02:47
:}:}:}:}:ugh::ugh::E:ok::suspect:

PilotWA123
7th Feb 2011, 02:49
In other word ... What A ****TY Company haha

NTChicky
11th Mar 2011, 15:40
I have been watching for the usual "thankyou for the high standard of pissant ****** bustard that we usually take advantage of" note.

If there were not so many pissant ****** bastards in the country I should have to present to sponsor more 541's just to keep my mustang going. 541,s dont complain about such tricial things as superannuation you see.

AFAP take note, in the future you will be refered to the "start" of it, and also in the "Future" you will be held accountable for doing SFA for your members.

Chick.

Skystar320
11th Mar 2011, 21:34
when do the BAe's come online?

Mach E Avelli
11th Mar 2011, 22:31
When pigs master the art of levitation.

onetrack
12th Mar 2011, 00:19
I have found, after 45+ years of business experience, that business owners who claim to be Christians, are generally the worst type of people to deal with in business.
Remember that many so-called "Christians" running businesses, use the mantle as a ruse to hide behind devious practices, and unprincipled behaviour, that is unacceptable in the real business world.

The only principle applicable to people who call themselves "Christians", is that they consider themselves "saved", and consider themselves entitled to a slice of Heaven, because of that salvation.
The term does not mean that they have higher principles or morals than the everyday person. If these "Christians" try to impress you that they do, because they are "Christians", you need to firmly remind them, that you have yet to see evidence of it.

multi_engined
12th Mar 2011, 00:21
146s are planned to be used on the RPT Fitroy - Halls creek runs...

aileron_69
12th Mar 2011, 04:27
I have found, after 45+ years of business experience, that business owners who claim to be Christians, are generally the worst type of people to deal with in business.

Ive worked for a few devout religious types before, not just Christians but also other faiths and found the same thing. My old man had a good saying about some neighbours that were highly religious:

"They pray on their knees on Sundays and they pray on their staff the rest of the week"

NTChicky
11th May 2011, 04:57
Dear Captain K.

Its been 4 months now since you placed you last little turbine ad. Just wondering how the recruitment process is going? Any takers? And when do your new 1900's arrive, any time soon? Ever?

BTW, would you mind paying your employees on time from now on please. It really is not fair that you buy yourself a replica spitfire and your employees have to go home empty handed at the end of the week now is it?

I am sure your ex employees would like to be properly remunerated for their time spent working in your operation as well.

Please Captain K, don't make people starve just to feed your delusions of grandeur. After all, as you say, god is watching, and he sees everything.

Charlie Foxtrot India
11th May 2011, 14:33
Sounds like a job for the Fair Work Ombudsman....

Towering Q
12th May 2011, 01:58
Sounds like a job for the Hells Angels....:E

baron_beeza
9th Jun 2011, 10:38
Based in rural WA, this family owned business is offering a prime management role to a suitable Chief Engineer candidate. The wage is negotiable on your experience - BUT they do reward their staff well and if your CE experience is limited, this is YOUR chance to build it here.

My client flies a small fleet of single and twin (Lycoming piston) engine aircraft and will soon be operating twin (PT6) aircraft.

Could this be ?

I did see mention of impending B1900D so it may well tie up.

Can anyone confirm the situation with the Chief Engineer or whether this could possibly be another company in WA. ?

I would think the chances would be pretty slim there mind you.

Skystar320
9th Jun 2011, 13:54
When do the BAe 146 & Airbus Aircraft arrive???

Hasherucf
9th Jun 2011, 14:14
Based in rural WA, this family owned business is offering a prime management role to a suitable Chief Engineer candidate. The wage is negotiable on your experience - BUT they do reward their staff well and if your CE experience is limited, this is YOUR chance to build it here.

My client flies a small fleet of single and twin (Lycoming piston) engine aircraft and will soon be operating twin (PT6) aircraft.

(Lycoming piston) engines made me think Alligator in Kunners . Devil or the deep blue sea between those choices

shpilot
10th Jun 2011, 05:18
Add me to the list of "i'll eat my hat" when budgie gets a 1900

NTChicky
10th Jun 2011, 13:16
I remember a Chief Engineer from a few years ago. Apparently Capt. K tried his usual stuff on him. You know, stealing his money, questioning his values, compulsive lying as only Capt K does. The conversation ended with capt K bolting for the car and his Chief Engineer running down the road after him screaming something along the lines of "I am going to F###### Kill you you f###### god bothering thieving C###".

The rumour goes that Capt K spent the weekend in the lock up in Derby waiting for confirmation from the police that the chief engineer had boarded the plane in Broome never to return to the Kimberly.

Would you care to comment Keith?

Rather than running these deluded adds, why not take the money and just pay your staff what you owe them. You never know, you might even be able to sleep at night.

If you still refuse to pay your staff then sit yourself down in the electric chair and give yourself a dose of DIY electric shock treatment. I hear it works wonders for the gander, and you really are a goose.

Ejector
12th Jun 2011, 01:21
Post #16 link I get :

"Oops! Google Chrome could not find http"

I was just curious, that's all.

They seem to be like so many GA operators over in the North West. Not really my problem though. Derby, Port Headland bases, OMG, as if CASA ........... :ugh:

Golden Eagle Airlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Eagle_Airlines)

May 8, 1 Seneca added,

June 9th the bold added. Go you good thing !!!!!! pick me, pick me.
On Order
[B]1 [BAe 146-200]
2 [Airbus A320]

I wonder what odds CentreBET will offer on these being delivered !!!! :D

Towering Q
13th Jun 2011, 01:16
They seem to be like so many GA operators over in the North West.

With the possible exception of KFS.

baron_beeza
13th Jun 2011, 05:49
I am pretty sure Wikipedia is a poor source of info. It is almost like a compilation of the worst media reports, - just so full of errors.
The Airbus has to be someone having a laugh, the 146 I am not so sure about. Possibly a prankster also

I would not be placing money on the table backing new types for most operators..... we seem to get so many rumours on this forum.. ;)

Checkboard
13th Jun 2011, 09:31
Post #16 link I get :

"Oops! Google Chrome could not find http"

I was just curious, that's all.
There are too many "http"s in the link ;) Here it is, corrected:

http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/271588-golden-eagle.html

Jedi
10th Oct 2011, 12:51
Wikki did mention something about a pineapple plantation, but alas it was censored.

NTChicky
3rd Nov 2011, 05:52
Hello Captain K, I see you are advertising again. How nice for you.

If you can afford your adds then you can afford to pay your employees the wages you owe them.

Please pay the all outstanding wages and entitlements (including allowances and superannuation) to your current and past staff before wasting any more of our money on your deluded advertising campaign.

No one will work for you when they know you will skimp our on the money like you have in the past. You see, if you paid what you owe to people, then people would listen to you and treat you with respect.

Let me see if I can put it another way that even you can understand,

DO UNTO OTHERS,,,,,,

Awwww, forget it. I think it is in that bible you use to hide your nasty little acts behind. You should actually open it and read it some time. After all, it really was not designed to be the fashion/business accessory you use it as.

tolakuma manki
3rd Nov 2011, 07:02
Can anyone confirm the situation with the Chief Engineer or whether this could possibly be another company in WA. ?
Yes can do, Spoke with them about the position. The owner is offering remuneration comensurate with a 457 entrant from third world country.
In fact he intimated that his previous chief was a foreign national.
His engineering staff are also from melanesia.

Mangi

Flying Meat Cleaver
3rd Nov 2011, 09:23
Well said NTChicky.

Anyone interested in working for this mob should be very wary of what is offered, promised, and expected!

What is offered is usually much more than can ever be achieved.
What is promised is usually just a lie or a lure.
What is expected is much more than is in the position brief.

On the last point, any efforts you make above and beyond the position brief (as is expected) to help improve things is squashed by the arrogance, lack of foresight, and lack of intelligence of the leader. Eventually you get sick of this :ugh: and realise you've been had!
The good news is that most recover and are able to find a decent job in aviation. Even after the leader calls your future employer to bag you out! Be careful!

FMC.

hoss
3rd Nov 2011, 09:28
I remember a mate of mine having the prospect of a E-110 (banderante) dangled in front of him back in 1998!

On the bright side last I heard he is now a 330 Captain in EK.

ps. Not saying they didn't come good on the deal as he left soon after.

Slippery_Pete
3rd Nov 2011, 11:12
CP has a nice heart, just has never been allowed to do his job by k.rusel the luv muscle.

It is quite common in small aviation business - owner hires in people who will do what they are told and not rock the boat, then tries to micro-manage the entire operation. Good thing is most chief engs work that out eventually and have the fortitude to tell him to get f*cked. Pity the CP hasn't told owner same thing.

Owner spends so much time trying to not spend a cent on maintenance, it ends up costing him a fortune (break downs away from base, etc. etc.) This guy has not worked out (after so many years) the more money you spend on maintenance, the less it costs (ie pay the money to do it right the first time and it costs less than taking the cheap arse approach 5 times over). This is how they have lost a lot of their prime contracts - aircraft constantly going U/S.

Check your super quarterly with your fund, and report it to the ATO immediately if it is not being paid.

When they run out of money on pay day (don't laugh, happens all the time), they will pay all staff other than pilots. Expect calls from the bank as to why you have defaulted on mortgage payments (ie pay slip says you have been paid, when you haven't).

Hotel rooms for overnights are often denied when checking in because the account hasn't been paid. Don't pay on your own credit card and expect reimbursement - wont happen. The only way to get them to pay for a room on the company credit card is to threaten them if you don't have a room you are getting in the plane and flying it home empty so you have a bed to sleep in. Suddenly the money will be there.

Swear_in_GIN
3rd Nov 2011, 22:56
With the money on offer - fairly poor for a C+T Captain - take into account the costs of living in Broome.
It's a mining town, and rent goes for $650 to $2000 a week, so be prepared to have little cash left at the end of the week, unless there's a big Company-paid rent subsidy.
Feeding, educating and clothing kids? You might not be able to buy gas for the car.
If GEA don't get a C+T soon, the operation will grind to a halt.
Look at the pay, and think about Darryl Kerrigan's words - "Tell him he's dreaming!"

The Green Goblin
22nd Jan 2012, 10:59
So what's happened with the chook?

I see skippers are taking over their RPT flights with a conquest.....

A 1900d is a quick way lose money on RPT unless they are chockers or chartered at an hourly rate. Great aircraft, uncompetitive against a Metro or the like.

tmpffisch
23rd Jan 2012, 10:59
BTW - Where the heck are they going to do with A340-500's?

Wow, no coincidence that the fleet update on wikipedia was one minute before your post?

Hasherucf
25th Jan 2012, 10:51
They aren't doing much flying . But they do have the freight contract with the Seneca still and I think a mail run.

Engineering looks busy in B town at least.

The Budgie might go the way of the Dodo?

Dances With Dingoes
14th May 2012, 05:09
At last, a possible breakthrough. LOOK!!

Gay Scienctists Isolate Christian Gene - YouTube

Willie Nelson
27th Jan 2014, 22:45
Does anyone know what's left of Golden Eagle these days if anything?