PDA

View Full Version : Odd questions about 11/9/2001 and the Pentagon

Self Loading Freight
15th Mar 2002, 07:06
I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Although I thoroughly enjoy oddball ideas and would like many of them to be true, by and large I subscribe to the cock-up theory of history. . .. .However, I'm a bit pressed to find good answers to the questions raised by the following website. Reading it while thinking what happened to the WTC only amplifies those concerns. Would love to have reasons to dismiss this as just another online nutter.... .. .<a href="http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero13/pentagone/erreurs_en.htm" target="_blank">http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero13/pentagone/erreurs_en.htm</a>. .. .R

scran
15th Mar 2002, 07:30
There was some other posts about this on another forum. See Military Aircrew - Pentagon Crash.. .. .Basically, we are talking about a mainly aluminium aircraft hitting a reasonably solid contrete and metal structure at high speed. Do you really expect to see a big tail with "American" sitting on the ground.. .. .The other thread also said consider the crash site in Penn state - how much of a recognisable aircraft was visible there.. . . . <small>[ 15 March 2002, 03:34: Message edited by: scran ]</small>

phd
15th Mar 2002, 18:12
SLF. .My understanding of the situation is that the aircraft hit the ground outside the outer ring of the Pentagon building first, the aircraft structure was not therefore intact when the debris and fireball impacted with the building. The resulting inferno would readily have consumed a lot of the aluminium airframe, not to mention internal fittings, luggage and bodies. Although the effect on the building may not be as great as might have been expected - this is surely due to the very robust construction of the building (which I have seen for myself during a visit to Washington last December) and the fact that the initial impact was with the ground not the building. I think someone is just trying to create a myth around this awful incident where none exists. What do you intelligent people in ppruneland think?

Dockjock
15th Mar 2002, 21:38
I'm always up for a good conspiracy theory! Interesting reading, I certainly can't spot the Boeing.

Kalium Chloride
16th Mar 2002, 16:58
How much of the THY DC-10 was left when it came down in the French forest in '74? And that was just trees...

rehkram
17th Mar 2002, 04:12
The sand on gravel I should think is to provide a temporary all weather road surface to get construction vehicles in and out. Grass would have become a quagmire PDQ . .. .Accounts state the site reeked of kerosene. I don't remember any parked truck on the recently released surveillance cam shots, and there are plenty of eyewitness accounts of a Boeing on a low fast circuit prior to the explosion.. .. .IMHO the website is a sign of someone with too much time on their hands, but the navigation is cute.. . . . <small>[ 17 March 2002, 00:15: Message edited by: rehkram ]</small>

carbheatcold
17th Mar 2002, 12:27
Where are Mulder and Scully when you need them!!!