PDA

View Full Version : Taif Air Base, KSA

sorath5
4th Feb 2011, 07:03
Looking for any information from people that have been there or are there now. Possible maint. offer in the works. Been to KKMC and was not impressed with the compound. Looks like it is close to Jeddah. Feel free to PM me if you like. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Hailstop3
4th Feb 2011, 12:49
Certainly not a great place. I didn't spend much time there outside the airbase as I flew in from Khamis Mushait most times, but what I saw was pretty average. Khamis is also a hole. 30mins drive from base to compound and is kind of weird having kids point at you cause you are white. Compound is very quiet now. Would be a decent place for maintenance as it is quiet.

I spent an overnight in Tabuk at a compound and found it to be a neat and tidy place, good facilities, plenty of expats and a few decent compounds at reasonable prices too. Friendly locals as well. Jordan is close too for those weekend getaways.

mutt
5th Feb 2011, 05:18
Taif has a large US workforce due to aircraft type operated, you might get better responses from a USA based bulletin board :)

Mutt

saudih
6th Feb 2011, 13:56
You can PM me if you still need any help..... If It's BAE Systems you are joining for the Typhoon ....the compound/facilities are very limited and long waiting list for familly accom. .....It is 2 hours from Jeddah, but there is almost nothing to attract in the local area
:suspect:

saudih
6th Feb 2011, 13:59
Ah, from your location, you're probably looking for the F15 side of things... even worse compound for you guys....al gaim...

coffindodger
7th Feb 2011, 15:43
I lived on Al Gaim for just over 3 years while on Heli SAR.
the compound is very run down and since the yokels took back a good 30% of it. There is very little to do on that compound. Many of the good ole USA have been there many years. any more info please send me a pm.