PDA

View Full Version : RAF Pilot Filter

Skywards777
1st Feb 2011, 20:40
Hi All,

I'm supposed to have my filter interview for pilot this friday, i'm wondering what are the chances of this been cancelled? I'm planning to ring in the morning.

I was only told about the filter last Thursday (27th) so surely they'd have known at the time if it was likely to be cancelled with the SDSR?

Cheers,
Sam

ATCAdam
1st Feb 2011, 21:03
Hi Sam,

I'm guessing you will still be doing your filter as long as you meet the new education requirements as far as I know they are still recruiting applicants but if successful at OASC you would have to wait until 2012 to start IOT.

Good luck,

-Adam

The Old Fat One
1st Feb 2011, 21:04
Skywards,

Luckily for you I got here first...so in view of your tender age, I'll go gently...others might not have.

When confirming a job interview it is an old British tradition to phone/contact the people that are going to provide the interview. In this instance the careers office in question.

It is not normal process to randomly query the likelihood of said interview taking place on the world wide web.

I'd stick to plan A and phone in the morning if I were you.

PS

I hope you get your interview and I hope it goes well.

ATCAdam
1st Feb 2011, 21:08
http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/436692-training-pipeline-clogged-5.html#post6178828

The fact that your application hasn't been cancelled and you have been invited to interview would suggest you still meet the new education requirements. You can find more information about the current situation in the thread above.

-Adam

Uncle Ginsters
2nd Feb 2011, 01:39
Although the interview may go ahead, the chances of it going ahead for a Pilot's slot are a little more murky!

For filter read brick wall.

But don't let anything stop you until you hear it from the horse's mouth!

Life is all about timing, sadly.

Talk Reaction
2nd Feb 2011, 12:01
I wouldn't imagine for a second that your interview will be cancelled so stay focussed. You are clearly aware of the impact that SDSR is having on CURRENT recruiting so be prepared for questions like 'how would you feel/what would you do if you weren't successful THIS time, and make sure you have thought about it for YOU and not what you think they want to hear.

Worse case, you get a bit more RAF interview experience (AFCO/OASC all the same interview really, just different depth/length), and perhaps advised to come back in a couple of years.... University anyone, or hell break the mould and get some life experience..... then back for an interview as a more experienced and mature candidate in 2 or 3 years when, no doubt, we will be in the midst of a training shortage once again (although I doubt on the previous scale of boom and bust).

Good luck!