PDA

View Full Version : Jepps amendments

BoundaryLayer
1st Feb 2011, 04:28
I am considering buying a set of Jepps, and have heard from one source that there have been some issues with amendments in recent times.

Has anyone out there had any problems with these recently?

Thanks.

BL.

PLovett
1st Feb 2011, 04:31
The only issue I can think of is that I always used to get them on the same day in the fortnightly cycle. Now they seem to arrive whenever and sometimes after the amendment date.

What issues were you thinking of?

BoundaryLayer
1st Feb 2011, 04:36
Thanks - yes those kind of issues, frequency / late / if at all.

I understand that they used to be done out of Canberra, but the business was sold, and its direct from the US now, and due to this the regularity of the past (i.e. fortnightly) has gone by the wayside.

AussieNick
1st Feb 2011, 04:40
3 years with jepps and many changes of address and i've never hand one rock up late

PLovett
1st Feb 2011, 04:42
The amendments have always been sent from the US (Denver). The Canberra office, and before that, Dandenong, only kept the records and provided one-off amendments.

However, with that said I did notice the other day that the postage on the envelope was Deutscher post, or something similar. Jeppesen these days is a Boeing company and has been for a number of years and they may be altering their distribution centres to suit corporate reasons.

Perhaps a reason for the delay is the decidedly ordinary weather they have been having in both the US and Europe.

CharlieLimaX-Ray
1st Feb 2011, 07:05
Jepps service has been pretty ordinary since last September, and doesn't seem to be improving!

cavok123
1st Feb 2011, 10:10
same here, i paid for my renewal service back in october and have only received 3 admendments since and many calls to jepp, after 5 months waiting finaly received a new set due to too many updates to add

waren9
1st Feb 2011, 19:49
Always had ammendments show up, sometimes after the date by a few days.

I have rung customer service and they'll they post another out no questions. This results in 2 copies of the same ammendment eventually showing up.

Agree, used to be clockwork but now a bit random. Never had one go missing tho'.

FFG 02
2nd Feb 2011, 11:30
Same here.

Renewal notice never sent & they just cancelled my service. No follow up invoice or phonecall. Haven't rx'd an amendment in time since Sept 2010.

They sent the calendar out with revision 1. Calendar says revision 1 is due 7th Jan but first revision is dated 21st Jan?

It may be worthwhile everybody letting their respective employers know so a collective message can be sent. I figure it wold have more weight that airline ABC or flying school DEF send something as opposed to individual pilots.

PLovett
2nd Feb 2011, 11:36
Best place to take any problem with the service is Canberra. They have been extremely helpful in the past when I have changed addresses and making up for the odd non-receipt of an amendment.

foam
2nd Feb 2011, 23:27
We "lost" a set that Jepps claimed were being carried on the QF A380... they arrived 3 weeks late.

Inconsistent is the best way to describe their delivery. We went from 9 sets down to 5, it took them 2 years to stop sending us 9 (only charging us for 5 the whole time!). Recently went up to 7, that started straight away.

I've checked the postage details on them, and they are sent ex seppo-land, on the same day of the month every time, its just that sometimes they arrive individually (trashed), sometimes all in a box, sometimes 2 days later, sometimes a month later.

Have to give credit to Jepps in Canberra though, I have them on speed dial, and always have the updates within 48hours of me telling them that yet another update hasn't arrived in time.

I've also never ever not received an update. Sometimes the same day as I receive the second set ex CBR, worst case was 2 months after I'd received them ex CBR.

Old Akro
4th Feb 2011, 01:58
I've been on Jepps since AsA made the format change to their publications. Whatever gripes there are about Jepps service or performance, it beats the hell out of AsA. About 2 years ago they had a problem with one update due to one of the links in their distribution chain. Recently I have found them a little less reliable, but I'm sure its actually Australia post because other mail like subscription magazines and invoices have become similarly unreliable.

The Jepp publications have a common line of logic through all its documents that is absent in the AsA documents and unlike AsA (as demonstrated by the format change) they test their formats extensively in the real world before implementing changes.