PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Vic AirAmbos Helimed

UnderneathTheRadar
31st Jan 2011, 20:26
Hi all,

Can anyone in the know please make sure this message finds it's rightful recipient?

I had the pleasure last night of Angel-flighting home a wonderful 20 month old little boy and his mum to Mildura last night and Lisa told us a story of what had happened during their two week stint at the Royal Children's and I offered to pass on her thanks.

About a week ago (she's not 100% certain which day), they were down near the helipad watching the helicopter and the crew said hello . He's got Luekemia and has no immune system at the moment and so they decided not to take up the offer of a look around the chopper even though watching its comings/goings was the highlight of his stay. The crew asked which window he was watching from.

So takeoff, the chopper rose to the 6th floor, hovered momentarily while the pilot waved, turned 90 degrees and 'dipped his lid' while all on board waved then completed the turn so the paramedics could wave too before heading off.

Lisa wanted to let the crew know that her son saw them and was over the moon with excitement. She genuinely believes that that moment marked the turning of the corner for this round of treatment which culminated in them being released yesterday and finally getting home about 2 weeks later than they'd planned to.

From Lisa, her son (and me), thanks to that crew!

UTR

Dogimed
31st Jan 2011, 20:38
Outstanding....

Well done to that crew :ok::ok::ok::ok:

And to UTR for the Angel Flight..

Critical Reynolds No
31st Jan 2011, 20:39
That made my day UTR. :ok:

Well done to yourself and the crew of the Ambo chopper.

Desert Flower
31st Jan 2011, 21:38
Made my day too! Here's hoping the little man makes a complete & speedy recovery. :ok:

DF.

Jabawocky
31st Jan 2011, 22:32
Good work for posting the story for the Ambo's too. So many times their good work goes unrecognised, although they would say the work satisfaction is enough.

I have done a few AF's and the older folk who are on their last legs have a certain level of joy from being helped out but the ones that really give me a buzz are the ones who have a fresh start on life and hopefully a long one ahead like this little tacker from near Moree.

I am sure Warbo will agree these guys give so much to the local community when it was time for them to have a helping hand it was well earned. :D

Aren't they cute :O
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab58/jaba430/m_IMG_0017.jpg

VH-XXX
31st Jan 2011, 23:45
Jaba did the baby have ear plugs? Thought it might be a bit loud for them.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
1st Feb 2011, 03:17
AS OTHERS HAVE SAID......

"WELL DONE" that crew, and to you too Mr URT......brought a lump to my throat....

'The Sentimental Bloke'.....:ok::ok:

Desert Flower
1st Feb 2011, 07:59
Jaba did the baby have ear plugs?

Don't know about ear plugs, but whatever you do don't take that plug out of the kid's mouth! ;)

DF