PDA

View Full Version : Met by a hologram

doo
31st Jan 2011, 20:20
Money saver

U.K. airports testing holographic employees - thestar.com (http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/931002--u-k-airports-testing-holographic-employees?bn=1)

boguing
31st Jan 2011, 20:49
Brilliant. IQE. In queue entertainment. When all you really want is to get rid of bags and a decent coffee.

You could have a whole queue of them too.

Tony Blair doing his application for Pope speech.

Alistair Darling explaining his economic policies, and why they would have worked.

Dr Liam Fox on Iraq having nuclear weapons next year (and why Belgium might too).

MOL, obviously. But with a robotic arm out collecting on a 10 pence word uttered basis.

Duncan Holley. Similarly. "£1 a word, and I won't negotiate. Take it or leave it". Tough call Dunc. Even though you are, apparently, at work for a change.

Bernie Ecclestone (blown up 30%) in queues for small country destinations. "Fancy a Grand Prix? You'll earn a fortune, and give me most of it".

Nicolas Sarkozy. Following on from above. "make me bigger than my wife".

Silvio B. No. On second thoughts, too many teenage girls, even in T5.

OK. Open house.

PAXboy
1st Feb 2011, 12:43
From the article linked by the OP:
They’re so convincing that some passengers have reportedly tried to hand them their passports.What does that say for the current staff or the pax?? :p

LTN have used actors and MAN have used current employees. DH (other thread) will want to know: Who got paid more and did the staff get time off in lieu? :}

Guest 112233
7th Feb 2011, 12:27
You cannot make it up.

Knackered,grumpy and just of the coach. What do you get ! a hologram - It sounds like some daft 1960's si fi -" Remember your fluids, Safety regs" -

Arghhh - where's that spray can of black paint that I just happen to have on my person.

Or even better, that old rug that my very elderly Jack Russell used to sit on, that I have not washed since the last royal wedding.

Condesention - holographly bestoed on the long suffering SLF.

pacer142
9th Feb 2011, 08:33
They look like videos of people projected onto flat outlines. Anyone who has tried to hand them a passport *really* isn't watching.

Nice idea, but nothing ground-breaking.

sTeamTraen
9th Feb 2011, 08:48
They explain the liquids-restriction rules to passengers but can be programmed to say anything, Manchester spokesperson John Greenway told the Star.
Excellent. I can see the lads in the back room having some fun with that at the Christmas party. ;)