PDA

View Full Version : FAA A&P Study material

ausflyer
31st Jan 2011, 09:04
Greetings,

Looking for (FAA) A&P study manuals, books and suggestions. PM's most welcome.

Cheer's,

Aus':ok:

baron_beeza
31st Jan 2011, 19:26
This may not be the best place to be asking the question, it seems very quiet for you.

It has been many years since I did my A&P so I would hate to give outdated advice.
Back then it was so easy as there are only 4 or 5 publications required and almost every hangar I ever worked in had a number of them. AC 43.13, for example, is one of the bibles....

AC 43.13-1B CHG 1 [Large AC. This includes Change 1.] Acceptable Methods, Techniques, and Practices - Aircraft Inspection and Repair (http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/0/99C827DB9BAAC81B86256B4500596C4E?OpenDocument&Highlight=ac%2043.13)

The only trick is that the FAR's will need to be current and the Q&A book is only valid for 2 years (or at least that was the case).

As far as aircraft engineering goes the A&P is very basic, not much to that one at all.

I think it would be even easier these days, it is very much a spoon-fed certificate and I imagine almost every thing would be available off the internet.

ausflyer
31st Jan 2011, 22:37
Hey baron.............thank you.

Cheer's Aus':ok:

walschaert valve
31st Jan 2011, 23:38
When I did it over 20 years ago, there used to be three (IIRC) question books that had every question that was in the exams, over a tousand questions each book but I think there was only about a hundred in the exam itself. There were all the answers in the back of the book but some of the answers were deliberately wrong to stop people using the question books only for their study. You would realise that when you went back to check your answers and think "that doesn't seem right".

I think there was a book each for engine, airframe and regulations, they were FAA publications like the A&P handbooks and AC43 mentioned above.

Used to have to do a practical too, but when I did it I was already a LAME so the FAA DAR only took me through their paperwork system which was really useful. If you get a sensible DAR it could make all the difference, some of my contempories were really put through the mill - had to weld and do a W&B, all stuff that we might not be too used to doing here under our licence.

PM me if you want more info, but as I said it was a fair while ago and might not be the same now. Still have my A&P but I don't think I have ever used it. Good luck with it.

ausflyer
1st Feb 2011, 09:17
Champion wals'

Thank you,

Aus':ok: