PDA

View Full Version : So Did Anyone Get Offered PA?

forcandle
29th Jan 2011, 12:22
Only a couple here at the Wilts base I heard.....

Are manning actually looking forward (or forward looking) and protecting themselves and the rest of us from an exodus if the airlines ever pick up?

VinRouge
29th Jan 2011, 15:08
if the airlines ever pick up?

I am aware that its a case of when, not if. Be interesting to see how we are going to man 22 A400, A330 and the current fleet when the market picks up.

Duncan D'Sorderlee
29th Jan 2011, 16:35
Yes.

Duncs:ok:

PTT
29th Jan 2011, 16:44
Ditto :E

added characters to make the minimum amount...

Spanish Waltzer
29th Jan 2011, 17:05
offered :D.........and plan to accept :ugh: may be a better question to ask ;)

Redcarpet
29th Jan 2011, 18:00
Very true SW. Even if they were offered it, why would anyone accept it? Especially with the market outside picking up and life on the inside becoming increasingly tedious.

just another jocky
29th Jan 2011, 18:05
Redcarpet: surely that depends opon each persons own perception. I am very happily PA. I have just about the coolest job in the world (except perhaps a Top Gear presenter), I get paid well enough and have a pretty good retirement plan. Why would I want to go and join an airline, hardly actually fly the thing, and then only pull back on the stick (twice)? If it's only for the money, then please tell me which airlines are paying new guys enough money?

Hueymeister
29th Jan 2011, 18:54
There's at least two on 99. One wonders though, how much the PA Pension will be changed post 2015....given that although they can't change what you've earned, but what the remainder earns (CPI/RPI) is up to the treasury..aaaaand all newbies on PA now have to get to S/L to get above level 30..how big an incentive is it these days??:}

just another jocky
30th Jan 2011, 08:21
Farfrom....fair enough, as I said, it depends upon each persons own unique perspective. From my own, I've never really considered the airlines attractive because I see the job itself as quite uninspiring/boring. It's the pay (or was) and lifestyle that it generates that I think attract most, yet that really only applies to long haul. I still get a kick strapping into the seat, even after all these years, and the stuff that happens whilst airborne.....well, I'd do it for free, really!

All JMHO of course. :)

Hueymeister
30th Jan 2011, 17:46
Well manning may well have got something right, all three of the guys offered PA or an extension are top quality blokes we need to retain..whether they stay is another matter...