PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Wings / Arab Wings Non Payment

AriGold
29th Jan 2011, 03:23
Gulf wings, a sister company of Arab Wings is based out of Sharjah, UAE. I worked there for 6 months. I just want to let the pilot community know that:

- They do not give the time off they agree to. Pilots were on a 2 month on 1 month off contract, and the months were just skipped or reduced to 15-20 days.

- They fly into hazardous areas such as Baghdad and don't provide the crew with accommodation. Lie to the crew that there is accommodation when there really isn't. Always fun roaming around baghdad.

- THere director of operations, Doug Mackinnon, is simply too old to fly an airplane. Reads the checklists, but doesn't do it. He tried to land with the spoilers with me in the plane, but I didn't let that happen.

- They don't pay. They tried to cancel my visa while owing me 20,000. They still owe about 9,000, which I have hired a lawyer to get from them.

Watch out for this company, they fly with guys who are not current on the aircraft, break rules, and don't pay. They have gone through over a dozen pilots in the last year.

- Right now, they have 3 pilots for two planes, and are losing another pilot.

- They try to get the crew to break flight duty, and have sent it to me in an email saying I should break it.