PDA

View Full Version : instructing to charter

mrclumsy
27th Jan 2011, 10:12
Hey eveyone
my first post here:}
Currently working as an instructor and have about 2200TT mostly instructing. Looking at making the switch to charter.. any suggestions on where i should be looking to move.. couple of my mates been searching up north and they say its tough going right now:uhoh:...
Also even though i am an Australian resident I am of Indian orgin.. whould that be an issue at all?:rolleyes:

Timocracy
29th Jan 2011, 13:06
Try to find a company that does Charter and instructing. That way you can leverage yourself into a good position using your instructor quilifications.

Without starting a Instructor vs Charter argument I've found some charter only companys/employes to be great and see the benifits of having some experienced instructors onboard. However sadly most were condicending and will treat you like a 200hour CPL student.

While it would be nice to say that no-one would treat you differently because of your orgin. Some places will, however these are the same places that would be terrible to work at anyway so I wouldn't worry about it.

There are some places in WA that instruct cashed up miners on the weekend and charter during the week, I'd say they'd be a good place to start.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
29th Jan 2011, 13:49
Bin dere.....dun dat......

Name 1 ....:ok:
By PM to de man......:ok::ok: