PDA

View Full Version : Emirates & Etihad SO recruitment for 2011

DZPILOT87
26th Jan 2011, 12:01
Hello guys !

Any body knows if EMIRATE & ETIHAD recruits SO's this year or not ?(Fresh graduates not fast track)

If so,Then When do they usually recruit ?

And, What are the requirements ?

Appreciate your answers !!

DZPILOT87

Wizofoz
26th Jan 2011, 17:34
Nope, SFOs only.

2500hrs jet minimum unless you are a local Cadet.

Sorry.

DZPILOT87
27th Jan 2011, 22:01
WIZOFOZ !

Thanks for your reply..

That's bad, I always thought that they do hire SO's .. What if i use a good contact , Will that work ?

CheerS !

SOPS
28th Jan 2011, 02:11
Um..let me think....no...they do not hire SOs.....forget about it.:sad:

Wizofoz
28th Jan 2011, 05:30
DZ,

Like SOPS said, no.

They hire SFOs, I THINK Etihad still hires some DECs, and national Cadets.

AND they currently get plenty of qualified candidates. EK has only recently REDUCED it's requirements to 2500tt as long as they are all on modern jets. Worst comes to worst they might have to take guys who ONLY have 4000hrs on Turbo-props (which would be a good thing).

Why WOULD they take newly-qualified guys?

DZPILOT87
28th Jan 2011, 10:00
wizofoz

Well i know some other airlines in the GCC that hires newly-qualified pilots..

The UAE is my second option...

What about Air Arabia, My friend got hired 2 years ago, he wasn't a national cadet .....? How do you explain that ?

The same for Emirates, I know few guys been accepted at EK couple of years back ?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sec 3
28th Jan 2011, 10:11
90% accepted by goat airways means absolutely nothing. Nothing for free nowadays my freind. Good luck:sad:

DZPILOT87
28th Jan 2011, 10:19
Thats what you think

SOPS
28th Jan 2011, 12:57
I hate to point this out..Air Arabia is NOT EK...Air Arabia can hire guys with 5 hours on hot air ballonnns if they want. EK does NOT hire SOs:ugh:

DZPILOT87
28th Jan 2011, 21:41
SOPS

I guess you area big FAN of EK, You are defending it from your heart..

I don't mind flying hot air balloons for a start..12 years ago the market was saturated and it seems to be the same now adays .. So better joining air arabia or whatever than never .....

Wizofoz
29th Jan 2011, 01:59
DZ,

I don't need to explain about Air Arabia- you didn't asak about them.

You asked about EK and EY and your question was accuratley answered.

Good luck with QA.

Oh, and no EK did not take low time guys a coulpe of years ago- or ever.

SOPS
29th Jan 2011, 02:44
I am confused..the original question was about EK and EY..Air Arabia was never mentioned, anyway good luck with your job hunting. And BTW, if you think we are giving you wrong information about EK, just fill in an on line application and see what reply you get.

Regards SOPS

DZPILOT87
29th Jan 2011, 11:24
Sops

It's Ok Man , I Appreciate Your Help Guys ....if Any News About Ek - Ey Please Post

Regards

JABAL
31st Jan 2011, 12:58
Perhaps the guy with a 5hrs on a hot air balloon turns up to be a better operator than the so claimed experience EK pilot:ok: We all started at bottom:{ unless you were born with 25oohrs under your belt!!!!!!!!!!

SOPS
31st Jan 2011, 13:08
None of us were born with 2500 hours under our belt..we started at the bottom and worked up.....good luck to you all on finding your first job:ok:

Wizofoz
31st Jan 2011, 22:53
Wow-

A guy asks a question- you give an accurate answer that he doesn't want to hear....

No one said anything about who was good and who wasn't, Jabal- I don't set the recruiting policies for EK- Do you???

malaysiacadet
1st Feb 2011, 05:26
gents,

if one joins EK or EY as a SFO with 3000TT on modern jets ie. 737,320...etc..., what is the realistic waiting time to expect before one gets upgraded to command?

Wizofoz
1st Feb 2011, 05:32
Malasiacadet,

Speaking for EK.

VERY hard to tell as it depends on the future expansion of the Airline.

It would take about 5 years to get the required expeience (6000tt, 4000 "Hard Time" 3000 on EK type) so it would then depend on whether the Airline is expecting to expand as much as it is now in 5 years time.

SO- could be 5 years, could be 10.

DZPILOT87
1st Feb 2011, 21:35
JABAL !

Thanks for your reply , Admire you ;)

We start from the bottom, they were born captains !!!!!

Cheeeers!!!

SOPS
1st Feb 2011, 22:55
DZ...what is it you want to hear? That you can join EK with 250 hours? Well, I am sorry, that is not possible. It seems to me, you asked a question, expecting an answer, and then got an answer you did not like.

No, we were NOT all born Captains. We started at the botton and worked our way up. I am sorry, but if you think you should be able to get a job a as Second Officer at EK, it is not going to happen..because the position DOES NOT EXIST:ugh:

Mybe Air Arabia will hire you..I wish you the best of luck, or maybe you will get a job with Qatar...but there are no SO jobs with EK...thats all we are trying to explain to you.

Wizofoz
2nd Feb 2011, 02:16
....Who has no idea what the "Bottom" is- expecting to waltz into the right seat of a 777 as if it's a birth right!!

Jabal and DZ,

Guys like SOPS and I come from places where you work to get into an Airline.

Planning on flying Cessna 206s? Barons or Navahos?

I flew for 9 years (and know guys who dod 15) before I got to what YOU consider "the bottom".

You came on here asking for help, and have shown yourself to be an ungrateful little oink.

Goodluck with your "entry-level" position....