PDA

View Full Version : More Blair Balls!

Finningley Boy
25th Jan 2011, 15:43
BBC News - Tony Blair was warned of 'Iraq danger' by civil servant (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12278788)

Evidently there is no end to the Joker's capacity for misleading guile.

I sure hope Chilcot proves to be the undoing of the man who destroyed this country's military capability once and for all!:mad:

FB

occhips
25th Jan 2011, 15:58
And we all know what value SOME:ugh: civil servants add to the party. I thought his words were hollow on Fri - saying sorry...:mad:

BEagle
25th Jan 2011, 15:58
Finningley Boy, unfortunately the term 'Balls' could be taken to mean that the slimy little $od had actually grown a pair.....

Whereas in reality, he was nothing more than Dubya's sycophantic poodle.

Finningley Boy
25th Jan 2011, 16:25
Sorry Beagle old Buddy, I was taking my cue from Private Eye's column. The Balls referred to is an overall description of what we hear everytime is jaw loosens.

FB:)

draken55
25th Jan 2011, 17:57
"he was nothing more than Dubya's sycophantic poodle"

That being the case, we were let down just as much by a Cabinet that bar Robin Cook and Claire Short (later on) was willing take a collective decision go to war based on no substantive evidence of WMD and on a legal basis that was uncertain. We also had an opposition party that did not oppose the decision, allowing the House of Commons to approve action against Iraq for the reasons given at the time.

Blame TB if you want to but don't forget the rest!

tonker
25th Jan 2011, 20:52
Balls was the genius who recommended to Brown that we sell our gold reserves. Enough said.

Thelma Viaduct
26th Jan 2011, 11:57
Iraq had a supposed great military that took a couple of weeks to systematically dismantle during GW1. Everything was pretty much taken out, Aircraft, Airfields, Tanks, POL, C3, SAM, AAA, Radar, Scuds, Basic civilian infrastructure etc etc

It is then kept in check via economic & weapon sanctions and attacked on regular occurrence for another 10 years, not to mention the expert UN weapons inspectors saying Iraq didn't have a capability.

Yet somehow they manage to build a capability that can threaten the West within 45 minutes, something they didn't have before, their capability supposedly dramatically increased despite having less freedom, finances, resources and military hardware/personnel........

It was a load of BS from day 1.

Bliar/campbell/straw et al should be strung up for the blatant lies, but the 'great british public' & military yes men have to shoulder some of the blame for being so dense & gullible.

jindabyne
26th Jan 2011, 12:32
I have just finished reading his book, in which it is quite evident that he acted morally at all times and without one word of a lie. Look, believe me.

Finningley Boy
26th Jan 2011, 12:38
I'm confused, what Pius says, makes perfect sense. But now that you've spoken with the knowledge of the contents of his book, which as you say, reveals that he acted morally at all times... well I just don't know what to believe anymore?????:confused:

Perhaps Pius is overlooking something! Like the incandescent halo round the top of Blair's napper, competing with the brilliance of his toothy grin!:ok:

Avitor
26th Jan 2011, 12:47
I think I am right in saying that none of any evidence given to the Chilcot enquiry was under oath. Meaning not one word can be used to implicate a soul.

Which leads me to believe it is simply a little reward for a few cronies awarded by Gordy.

In other words yet another New Labour whitewash. ;)

Finningley Boy
26th Jan 2011, 13:15
That may well be so in the strict confines of legal procedings. However, aherm, the inquiry, with no loyalty due to Gordon Broon, will find it easier to deliver an honest assessment. That alone will be enough to properly mark Blair's true position in the History books. Do you know, his wife once described him as bein like Churchill. Must have meant the dog on the telly that advertises insurance!

Avitor
26th Jan 2011, 13:26
That may well be so in the strict confines of legal procedings. However, aherm, the inquiry, with no loyalty due to Gordon Broon, will find it easier to deliver an honest assessment. That alone will be enough to properly mark Blair's true position in the History books. Do you know, his wife once described him as bein like Churchill. Must have meant the dog on the telly that advertises insurance!

I'll have you know that dog has been proved time and again not to be lying. :)

His wife wasn't born in Barking, was she? :oh:

skua
26th Jan 2011, 17:22
No, she's what the Cockneys call "Upton" (2 stops short of Barking, for those who don't know the Tube).....

general all rounder
26th Jan 2011, 21:53
Let's just assume for the moment that Blair is a real believer in God. If so, he will know, in his heart of hearts, that he will burn in Hell for eternity. Perhaps his conversion to Catholicism means that he thinks he can expunge part of his record by saying a sufficiency of Hail Marys and get away with a sentence in Purgatory before being elevated to sit at God's right hand.

If he doesn't believe - he can reflect on how he will be remembered in the history books. With any luck he will get plenty of opportunity to reflect in a prison cell. Perhaps he could be joined by his best buddy Gordon Brown who did not oppose the decision in Cabinet and then undermined the operation by refusing to fund the reconstruction effort with sufficient vim and vigour. In fact they deserve each others' company for 20 years in a single cell.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
27th Jan 2011, 00:12
We also had an opposition party that did not oppose the decision, allowing the House of Commons to approve action against Iraq for the reasons given at the time.

Blame TB if you want to but don't forget the rest!

If a man lies to his own Cabinet, what hope does the Opposition (viewing from the outside) have of knowing the truth? I supported the "war" too, based on the lies we were told. I thought "we" would be the voice of reason and the hand of restraint on good ol' Uncle Sam. Being that wrong really grips me.

What particularly grips me is that he must have lied to Her Majesty as well.

Avitor
27th Jan 2011, 00:29
If a man lies to his own Cabinet, what hope does the Opposition (viewing from the outside) have of knowing the truth? I supported the "war" too, based on the lies we were told. I thought "we" would be the voice of reason and the hand of restraint on good ol' Uncle Sam. Being that wrong really grips me.

What particularly grips me is that he must have lied to Her Majesty as well.

During the final days in the run up to the initial attack on Iraq, many folk said unkind things about Bush. At that time my gut feeling was that Blair was the driving force.
I listened intently to him giving evidence to the Chilcot enquiry, Blair's words, in the form of him recounting his words to Bush, were....'Look, I am not pushing you into this then pulling out and leaving you to it at the last moment'.... "I am not pushing you into this" The transcript will confirm my memory of it. Perhaps not word for word but the meaning is there.

Finningley Boy
27th Jan 2011, 07:17
I further recall that in the months, years following the event, the Bush administration sacked a number of intelligence officials. Blair, promoted ours and handed out a gong or a peerage here and there?!?!?!?:confused:

aviate1138
27th Jan 2011, 07:29
Is it true that very few minutes were taken of Cabinet meetings? If so it is almost proof that the scabs knew they couldn't be held responsible for anything. They could make up stories and there would be no paperwork to point a finger.......

E L Whisty
27th Jan 2011, 09:52
Recent events suggest to, even, this cynical old bar steward that Blair may well, one day, get his just desserts.

It is clear, from what has been said at the Chilcott inquiry, that Blair was and is a degenerate who wanted to have his war for his own ego's sake. It is also clear that he swept aside normal cabinet practice to bamboozle his lackeys into compliance. It is also clear that many people who observed his conduct did not approve.

If pressure builds to have the evil sod indicted, I am confident that he will get no support whatsoever from the cabal of liars, thieves, cowards and retards that he needed to surround himself with. I mean, can anybody believe Prescott, Brown or Straw speaking up on his behalf? Loyalty is, most definitely, not in their DNA!

E L Whisty
27th Jan 2011, 10:14
Further to my last, and specifically for Avitor, the proceedings of the Chilcott Inquiry are available online at...

/Iraq Enquiry - Lead by Sir John Chilcot upax webdesign (http://www.iraqenquiry.co.uk/)

You need to click into 'Evidence' on the left side menu and then 'Oral Evidence by Date'.

Please forgive my somewhat obsessive interest in seeing justice delivered to Blair. I watched in horror, in the mid 90s, his shallow and belligerent presentational style and foresaw that his election would bring wars and domestic chaos.

bobward
27th Jan 2011, 11:18
TB has devine infallibility. That must be the only reason why he can sit in front of that committee and say what he does....(sorry, must take another valium).

I suspect he may be the next Pope in waiting.....

Remember where you heard it first.

Finningley Boy
28th Jan 2011, 11:26
Gus O'Donnell, in a seeming attempt to defend the Joker has said that Blair didn't think the Cabinet was a "safe space" to discuss Iraq, for fear of leaks?!?!?:confused: