PDA

View Full Version : Canadians flying in the Middle East - Staying Current with TC

confusedcanuck
23rd Jan 2011, 20:36
Hi,

I have just graduated from flight school in Canada and am looking to get a second officer position in the Middle East with one of the airlines. I was wondering what the process is for staying current with TC while one is flying abroad, specifically in the Middle East (I'm not sure if the region in which one is flying makes a difference, but it might help to get the experience of someone from the region).

My questions are:
1. What info needs to be sent back to TC? New ratings, all PPC, PCC checks (IFR checks) and log book numbers?
2. How often must an updated set of logbook times be sent to TC?
3. Are foreign type ratings from ICAO contracting states recognized back in Canada, or will I need to sit a check ride in Canada to get the rating stamped into my booklet?
4. If the rating earned in the Middle East is not recognized in Canada will my hours be valid in Canada if I don't get a rating back in Canada?

If there are any Canadians in the same situation I would be interested to hear about your experience with TC and the procedures I should follow to make a transition back to Canada as easy as possible and most importantly to have the required hours to get my ATPL!
I have also posted this in the Canada section.

airtractor
24th Jan 2011, 03:47
You'll get some infos here:

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/429468-canadian-middle-east-how-do-you.html

cheers

confusedcanuck
25th Jan 2011, 07:37
Thanks, I've already got some good info from a fairly reputable source.