PDA

View Full Version : B777 Autothrottle Servo Inoperative MEL 22-31-02A

desertcamels
23rd Jan 2011, 12:50
22-31-02 Autothrottle Servo Motors
22-31-02A One Inoperative

Can anyone elaborate on the technique exactly what the MEL (O) operations requires ? From the MCP setup before takeoff until established in the climb.

Thanks

SuperRanger
23rd Jan 2011, 14:14
Hi DC,

Though this hasn't happened to me before, I believe Preflight setup is the same i.e. A/T ARM switch ON. Do not press TOGA buttons for takeoff, just position thrust levers manually. Once airbourne, select the inop A/T ARM switch to OFF and engage the A/T.

SR

We Fix Them
24th Jan 2011, 05:38
Straight out of our MEL (O) Procedures. 22-31-02A

1. The AUTOTHROTTLE L or R advisory message will be displayed.
2. The autothrottle cannot be engaged on the ground.
3. Set both thrust levers manually for takeoff and go-around.
4. The flight must remain within 180 minutes of landing at a suitable airport.
5. The EPR/N1 trim function of the EEC will operate normally, provided both
autothrottle arm switches are positioned to A/T ARM.
NOTE: For both autothrottle arm switches positioned to A/T ARM, the
autothrottle disconnect caution will be annunciated if the flight
crew selects FLCH, VNAV, or TO/GA. Pressing the autothrottle
disconnect switch will clear the caution.
6. Autothrottle functionality is available on the operative autothrottle in flight
provided the deactivated autothrottle servo motor A/T ARM switch is OFF.

Let us know if you require more.... Cheers

Non Zero
2nd Aug 2011, 04:52
I don't think anybody has a 'technique' yet ... the process of building technique comes from frequent practice the same procedure and as far as we know nobody really ever experience practice enough the procedure WFT posted right from MEL.
If you can ... practice on sim and post feedbacks! Thanks

Wizofoz
2nd Aug 2011, 06:36
If it is just the servos (or one servo) out, all the usual FMC driven functions still work, so you DO push TOGA at the beginiing of the Takeoff roll, and simply manually match the N1 or EPR the the green Command Arcs on the gauges.

With one servo out, the Aircraft is still CatIIIB- you manually match the T/L of the disabled system to the good one.

With the A/T SYSTEM out, you need to select the required thrust reference from the FMC and then manually set the thrust.