PDA

View Full Version : Working in Switzerland.

springbok449
13th Jun 2001, 00:46
Looking for some information regarding getting a work permit for an EU national to go and fly in Switzerland.
In advance many thanks.

Frozen Falcon
13th Jun 2001, 15:11
I guess you want to work for CRX. If you get a contract they will arange a B-Permit for you. Means basically a "green card" but limited to the sponsor company, if you lose the job you lose the permit. After 5 years on a B-Permit you usually get a C-Permit which is a full "green card".

Make sure you really want to work for CRX, it is a
s**t airline except for the young females working there.

I guess your from ZA , I have some ZA friends who still fly for CRX (most of them f*ck*d off after a few month)if you want to get in touch with them let me know.

Cheers

The Frozen Falcon

[This message has been edited by Frozen Falcon (edited 13 June 2001).]

springbok449
13th Jun 2001, 16:57
Thanks for the reply Frozen Falcon in actual fact it is not for CRX its another of the airlines there, I'm trying to get some info together as I am trying to relocate there.
Also wanted to know if speaking fluent French and possessing a EU passport was an advantage.
Cheers.
Bokkie449

Frozen Falcon
13th Jun 2001, 20:38
The priority list says:

Swiss passport
EU national
Non-EU national

If this ? airline can proof that they can not find an equally qualified Swiss pilot you will get a permit without a problem.
It depends basically only on the airline.

German, french or italian knowledge is a clear advantage but not necessarily required.

Good luck

[This message has been edited by Frozen Falcon (edited 13 June 2001).]

13th Jun 2001, 21:20
springbook

so where do you want to apply? Easy Jet at GVA or Jet Aviation?

Oxford1G
14th Jun 2001, 01:04
The other people are correct, inrespect of a B and C permit.
If you live in a French speaking area, then French would be a help. However, if you are going to a German area, then the German spoken is Swiss German. The written word is High German.
The living costs are very high, and with a B Permit, you will have to live in the same canton as your employer. You could request to move, however you would probably have to buy a property. The rules are changing all the time with respect to living, B and C Permits, so check carefully.
The Swiss by their nature love rules and regulations, please do not bend any, they will soon find out, and be added to your file. If you are working in Geneva, please do not live in France, and think you can cross the border without being found out. Although France is alot cheaper,you may well have to live in Switzerland, when working for a Swiss employer. Check the FOCA (Swiss CAA/FAA) FTL's as you can work very long duty days, also your rest period is a lot less than the UK.
Hope this is of some help.

Frozen Falcon
14th Jun 2001, 01:07
For Jet Aviation you do normally not require a resident permit for Switzerland as they base their approx.400 pilots around the world.
Reasonable working conditions, wages average, treatment o.k.
I recommend if you go there, to join them as direct entry captain if possible.
Can not recommend the citation fleet, the fleet chief there is the biggest "pain in the ass" Swiss aviation can offer. Wages on citation fleet lower than on the other fleets.

Structure ZRH - which controls Europe, Middle and Far East

67 aircraft , 4 fleets

FLEETS
1.large aircraft(BBJ, DC-8, B727 )
2.Gulfstream, Canadair
3.Falcon
4.Slowtation (Cessna)

By the way the Flight Ops Manager at Jet Aviation likes guys with larger jet ratings.
JAA TRI/TRE licence of greatest benefit!

I personally would rather join easyJet GVA.
More stable operation, airline environment, better prospects in regards to B737 command and captains salary.

I believe easyJet GVA does not hire pilots at this stage, only minimal expansion goin on
in GVA since 2000.

Otherwise not many possibilities in this little country.

Good place to raise kids though. Little crime, good public schools for free etc.

cheers

springbok449
14th Jun 2001, 16:00
I would just like to thank all of you for your time and effort in replying to my post, it has certainly helped me and I will look into it.
Will probably have the need to ask further questions later.
Bokkie449