PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming documentary on outback aviation

QDMQDMQDM
22nd Jan 2011, 22:02
I am on the email list of an Alaskan guy called Jim Oltersdorf who has made a documentary about bush pilots in Alaska, which is sort of just about worth watching, albeit a bit banal. Anyway, he is making one about Australia next. I just got his promo email:

<< As a past customer again, we appreciate you are doing business with us. Shortly, we will be making a news release worldwide about a new aviation documentary entitled, "Outback Pilot... Australia" . We are going to spend 4-6 weeks in some of the most remote spots on planet earth and one can only imagine the footage and experience we are going to present. We should have the edit and the post production completed and released by June or July 2011. That is if a 20 foot long croc doesn't get me! I will personally let you know when it is ready.

We have recently joined forces with the executive producer and creator of the exciting new series "Storm Chasers". He will be accompanying our team to Australia and we are most pleased to make this announcement because his talents and expertise will lend to a great deal of exciting footage!>>

mustman
22nd Jan 2011, 22:55
Sounds interesting. Anyone know where they are actually going??

FRQ Charlie Bravo
22nd Jan 2011, 23:21
Dealing with doco journos, make sure you keep track of how many times you get talked into flying for free or donating aircraft hours.

Not all are free-loaders of course but you do want to watch out for it.:ok:

Hope it works out for you; I look forward to seeing the show.

FRQ CB