PDA

View Full Version : Help - UK Mil ATPL(H) to JAR - How?

Sven Sixtoo
21st Jan 2011, 20:41
Hi all apologies for the double posting from the mil thread
Hi to anyone who has recently done mil-to-civ helicopter licences.

I want to convert my UK ATPL(H), acquired years ago by treating a Sea King as a S61 when the CAA accepted that sort of thing, to a JAR licence with a type rating on something that I can actually earn money with. I'm willing to spend money on training. I've had a very odd response frrom the CAA that I can just about understand but am nearly certain isn't the whole story.

Before i go back to them, is there anybody who has recently converted a UK ATPL(H) with enough mil experience to tick every experience box the CAA might write, who can tell me how they did it so I might copy the process?

Me:

6780 hrs
3100 PiC
2700 PiC Multi-pilot multi engine helicopters
1000+ night
600+ Instruments
Valid UK ATPL(H) with type and instrument rating on SK61, both lapsed by many years
Current on Sea King 3 with procedural rating

Help please (and BTW I am talking to one of the well known TRTOs and I have read LASORS and I have given myself a headache trying to read JAR-FCL2)

Sven

still seeking employment

jayteeto
22nd Jan 2011, 06:37
It might help if you explain what the CAA have said. Quite often, people in similar situations get vastly different options. In the early days of MCC courses, some of us got exemptions and some didn't. Small details make a difference. To be honest, I was given an option of a JAR CPL or retain my UK ATPL at last renewal.

check
22nd Jan 2011, 13:10
I had a one for one swap when I renewed my Dutch ATPL(H) IR. A request was made to change to the new licence, fee was paid and the licence was issued. As I also held the UK ATPL(H) IR I just let it lapse as you could only hold 1 JAR licence at a time. Made it a lot cheaper over the long run.

Bertie Thruster
22nd Jan 2011, 16:20
as jayteeto says info has varied individual to individual. But as a certainty your UK licence will need to have a current LPC on a type before any possible conversion to JAR.

explorer99
22nd Jan 2011, 20:01
Check PM's, Sven.